Intern: Fab Manufacturing Engineer (Summer 2020)
- Safety activities
- Insourcing business case development
- Capital equipment justification
- Problem Solving (QRPS)
- Continuous improvement activities
- Product and process development
- Develop and update fabrication processes (Work instruction, manufacturing check list, quality inspection, etc…)
- Work directly with IE/ME to validate/update time standards
- Drive special projects related to fabrication improvements (Line balancing, Andon, reduction of defects, waste elimination, etc…)
- Complete various data entry and analysis tasks to provide information for management team
- Lay out updated and improvement (CAD)
- Student must be currently enrolled and pursuing an Mechanical, Industrial, Weld Engineering, or similar degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Student must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Summer Interns are required work 40 hours per week and must be enrolled as full-time student for the fall semester
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.