Intern: Supply Chain (Summer 2020)
The purpose of this summer internship is to allow the student to prepare for their future by applying what was learned during coursework (theory, skill development, professionalism) to the working world. Summer internship will be provided extensive hands-on experience in their field of study. The summer internship will work on important and innovative projects alongside our experienced staff.
- Utilizing our Enterprise Resource Planning system, validate and if necessary update part set ups, unit costing, part usage rates
- Monitor and coordinate with planning team reconciliation of customer order files (system) and Middletown’s system – Electronic Data Interface
- Weekly monitor customer orders to ensure compliance with our Sales and Operations Planning levels
- Work with Parts Shipping and Receiving Supervisor to update material movements to ensure compliance with Volvo Production System principles
- Counting, movement and control over inventory part numbers
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, pitching in to get the job done
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Self-starter; works independently; takes initiative
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Thrives in a team-based environment
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Supply Chain at an accredited school and must have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the internship
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Prefer a motivated rising Junior or Senior in good academic standing
- Summer Interns are required to work 40 hours or less per week
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.