Co-op: Engineer - Cab Living & Interior (Fall 2020)
CO-OP ENGINEER IN CAB LIVING – SUPPORTS A TEAM OF PRODUCT RESPONSIBLE ENGINEERS AND DESIGNERS WITHIN THE CAB INTERIOR LIVING ENVIRONMENT
- Work along side engineers responsible for various complex Cab Living (Interior) components or systems - responsibilities include contributions to concept development, supporting detailed engineering design, solving problems on current products, prepare engineering documentation and facilitating the administration of deliveries for the Interior Living – the Living team is responsible for cabinets, wall trim, headliners, floor mats and other interior trim related components
- You will be empowered to manage the quality, timeliness and accuracy of your deliveries; embracing accountability and ownership within your area of assigned responsibility
- You will learn cross functional team work skills working with counterparts in other departments – stakeholders include Purchasing, Product Design, Aftermarket/Parts/Service, Manufacturing and Quality - you will participate in these teams of stakeholders as the team ensures that all stakeholder’s needs and requirements are balanced and satisfied
- You will be exposed to applicable regulatory demands for components and systems and will be part of ensuring our products meet those demands
- You will have the opportunity to learn about and understand complex injection molded interior components and soft trim systems and the processes that make them
- You will participate in knowledge sharing efforts across the broader Cab organization, locally and globally, amongst permanent staff and amongst a group of student peers
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
Co-op Education and Program Requirements:
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in mechanical engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op.
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period.
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.