This role will design, execute, and iterate on data insights to support digital offering in connectivity area, Beyond analytics, the role will lead strategic deep dives and build algorithmic solutions that drive discoveries in equipment, sales, marketing to surprise and delight customers at every turn, and the role will have a strong track record and end-to-end ownership of the full stack of data analysis (data engineering, ETL, data modelling, and data visualization), with a high fluency in SQL and Python/R. And should also thrive on independence and be relentless in finding automated solutions and eliminating manual solutions.
- Own BI roadmap by working with team leaders on strategically prioritizing numerous requests and long-term adoption of new technologies
- Create data pipelines from a data lake to various reporting, visualization, and modelling tools
- Use statistical and Machine Learning techniques for strategic deep dives and generate actions.
- Empower non-technical, internal customers to self-sufficiency in analytics and reporting via business intelligence and visualization software (e.g., PowerBI, Qlik Sense etc.).
For this position we expect:
- Master's degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in BI, Analytics, or Data Science fields or comparable fields
- Proven SQL/Python skills in data transformation, analysis, and optimization
- Excellent communication written and verbal communication skills, especially in regards to quantitative topics discussed with non-technical colleagues
Further qualifications would be a plus:
- Experiences of applying statistical or machine learning models to business problems
- Familiar with Node.js stack coding.
- High sensitivity and passion on UI design.
- Good reading/writing skills in English
- Familiar with construction equipment business
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.