Intern: Marine Sales Support (Summer 2020)
Volvo Penta is responsible for the sales of an entire range of marine engines—both leisure and commercial, to our OEMs and boatbuilders within the Americas.
We are now looking for an Intern: Marine Sales Support to join us here in Chesapeake, Virginia from May 18 – August 14, 2020 to help us ensure our objectives are met for our year-end goals! This internship role will provide you with an opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment.
What is the Job?
As an intern supporting our Marine Sales department, some of your core responsibilities will include:
- Administering and maintaining databases and/or spreadsheets.
- Performing research on leisure marine segment in North America, including OEMs and dealers.
- Preparing for and attend select dealer meetings as Volvo Penta representative specifically interacting with international dealers. Maintaining log of questions and issues raised, and propose response strategy.
- Assisting product managers with technical evaluation of engine interface and performance.
- Providing general support and assistance to the sales team members of the department.
- Perform miscellaneous office duties (answer phones, organization of files, coordinating meetings, etc.).
- Assist with miscellaneous special projects.
Are you project-oriented and have an eagerness to learn?
We are committed to our customers and the success of Volvo Penta. To be successful in this role, you will need excellent organizational skills and an acute attention to detail. You will also need an eagerness to learn, ability to work independently, and a readiness for responsibility.
Working knowledge with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook is also a plus. We also need someone who has the ability to navigate the internet and social networking sites for research and promotion.
In addition, excellent communication and presentation skills are necessary as is the need for fluency in speaking and writing English in order to communicate successfully with internal and external stakeholders at different levels of the organization locally, nationally, and globally.
Education & Experience Must Haves:
This position requires that the candidate is doing the following:
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree—Bachelor of Art or Science in Business, Engineering, or related field—at an accredited school and must have completed at minimum at least 30 semester hours of coursework prior to the start of the internship.
- Maintaining a GPA of 3.0 or higher is required in order to qualify for this position.
- When applying to this position, please keep in mind that you must be a current student who is scheduled to graduate after May 2020.
- Previous sales experience is a plus, as is familiarity with Volvo Penta products and competent boat handling skills.
- You must be able to start the program on Monday, May 18, 2020.
- You must provide your own transportation to work as well as your own living arrangements in the local area.
- As this intern position may require out-of-town travel, having a passport is required.
We were recently awarded “A Great Place to Work” certification two years in a row and our employees can attest that Volvo Penta is a great place to work! We experience relationships built on trust and respect, change and innovation, passion, exceptional performance, and a strong commitment to customer success!
If you are interested in being part of a team focused on innovation and success, and feel that this opportunity is for you, we invite you to apply to become an Intern: Marine Sales Support with our team. We look forward to meeting you!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.