Intern: Engineering-Certification (Fall 2020)
- Assist the team by conducting regulatory investigations for new product offerings
- Collaborate with design and test engineers in the early stages of product development to ensure compliance ready designs
- Support smaller scale process and IT integration projects
- Assist in process gap analysis and lead process improvement projects supporting improved compliance methodologies.
- Interact with regulatory offices inside Volvo Trucks to help homologate North American products in export markets
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
Internship Education and Program Requirements:
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in mechanical or electrical engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- Interns are required work 40 hours per week or less and must be enrolled as a full-time student.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.