Co-op: Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering (Fall 2020)
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Vehicle Control Systems and Wheel Ends Team as a Co-op – Mechanical/Electrical Engineer. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of chassis and vehicle dynamics engineering, mechanical design and component installation. As a valued member of the Vehicle Control System and Wheel Ends Team within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with braking systems, pneumatic systems, and air management systems on class 8 heavy-duty trucks. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the transport solution industry. This position will report to the Group Manager of Vehicle Control System and Wheel Ends Team.
- Create or update CAD Models, Part Drawings, and Installation Drawings with CREO-Parametric
- Verify component placement and packaging with surrounding vehicle components
- Release components in a formal engineering process to resolve maintenance items or for project deliveries
- Ensure component durability by performing FEA analysis methods and techniques
- Communicate status of upcoming deliveries during Daily Team Leadership meetings
- Apply Quality Tools to components and systems during the design phase
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.