Regulation Specialist, Emissions and NA Policy
Do you want to collaboratively influence the development of emissions rules and related regulations to ensure manageable and cost effective technology deployment for a major commercial vehicle manufacturer’s North American product line? If so, please join us!
Who are we?
We are the North American arm of a global team of regulation specialists, belonging to the Truck Technology Product Planning organization. We have the responsibility to engage with the global regulation team, regulators, trade associations, and internal and external stakeholders to positively influence vehicle and engine regulations, communicating the progress to the organization throughout the process.
Your mission will be to ensure that new regulations impacting Volvo Group engines and vehicles are finalized to be consistent with our product and technology strategy, with a reasonable development, certification and compliance effort on a manageable timeline.
You will be responsible to lead the regulation development in your area of responsibility, focused on North American regulating agencies. To do so, you will participate with manufacturer organizations, supported by and contributing to the Volvo Group global regulation network, product planning function, and engineering departments. You will identify, define and anchor the needed Volvo positions to positively influence future regulations, engaging with authorities, industry peers and other external stakeholders, while clearly communicating internally the progress and final outcome. You will also contribute to internal communications forecasting regulation timing and content, summarizing regulated requirements, and providing global overviews of applicable regulations. As subject matter expert for your area of responsibility, you will support the departments responsible to secure product compliance by providing input to project prerequisites, regular guidance, and resolution of interpretation issues if required. You will engage with the public affairs function in their management of related legislative activities.
Your will be responsible for regulations that affect the following:
- Emissions programs promulgated by US Environmental Protection Agency, California Air Resources Board, and Environment and Climate Change Canada
- Tailpipe emissions protocols, test cycles, emissions limits
- In-use compliance protocol and compliance demonstration requirements
- Engine deterioration assessments
- Product certification demonstration and reporting requirements
- Engine On-Board diagnostics and service information dissemination
- Early compliance programs
- Air quality control programs
North American regulation policy, including board level participation with a major trade association
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in Engineering is required; Master's degree is preferred
- Professional work experience with engine emissions controls, after treatment systems, and familiarity with current NA emissions regulation protocols
- Knowledge about product development processes
- Negotiation skills and experience. Willingness to diplomatically carry the corporate voice and persevere when challenged
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to summarize complex information for varied audiences and objectives
- Team player in organizational activities outside primary responsibilities
- Business and customer oriented
- Demonstrate courage and integrity
- Self-driven, strategic, empowered with modest management direction
- Proactive, creative approach to problem solving
- Preferred applicants will also have the following qualifications
- Background in Volvo processes and organization
- Working experience with authorities and review of regulated text
- Leadership experience from line or project management
- Experience working in multi-cultural settings
- Cooperative work with competitor representatives
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.