District Service Manager - Northeast Region
Our technology sets the standard – our people make the difference all day every day.
Mission/Purpose of the Job
The purpose of this job is to provide Technical direction to assigned dealers, ensuring effective service operations as well as supporting customer satisfaction initiatives. Act as a technical consultant to assist the dealers in maximizing customer uptime through problem resolution. This position requires representation of the Volvo Truck and Mack Truck brands and demands a high degree of confidentiality of each brand.
- Maintain an adequate visitation process to your assigned regions.
- Provide guidance and approval of special goodwill expense for product performance corrections to customer's out-of-warranty product concerns.
- Ensure the implementation of servicing support programs including service program completion, Vehicle recalls, Guest Customer program, in order to maximize customer uptime.
- Address ASIST, cases within corporate guidelines to maximize the customer experience.
- Assist dealer in minimizing customer dwell time.
- Utilize compiled service data such as LVD reporting to add value and improve customer profitability.
- Assist in investigations of complex product problems and provide accurate product reports.
- Ensure all Argus cases are current and closed in a timely manner.
- Ensure the prompt resolution of customer and dealer technical issues.
- Provide support to all Regional functions to assure market share is realized, emphasizing on proprietary components.
- Maintain good customer relations by providing technical training with existing as well as conquest customers.
- Maintain Training standard to the level of Master Tech for both Brands.
- Analytical Skills
- Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Technical/Functional Expertise
- Negotiation Skills
- External Relationships/Networking
- Associate’s Degree in Automotive Technology or equivalent experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or business related discipline preferred
- 5 years of automotive industry experience, preferably in a service management role
- 1 year experience in dealership operations or in a position with direct dealer interface
- 2 years of customer service experience
- Extensive travel is required – up to 70%
- Candidate that is expected to live within the territory
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.