Electrical Design Engineer III
Why join Volvo Construction Equipment?
At Volvo Construction Equipment, we are driven by the idea that through imagination, hard work, and technological innovation we will lead the way towards developing a world that is cleaner, smarter, and more connected.
We believe in a sustainable future, and with the global construction industry as our arena, we work together with our customers to turn this belief into reality for people everywhere.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Develop the electrical architecture and system for new road construction equipment products. This role is a direct contributor to the product development of road pavers and compactors.
Your primary responsibilities will include
- Ownership of the overall electrical and electronic system architecture of the complete machine
- Lead and deliver electronic controls and architecture design during the development of systems and sub-systems for a new machine architecture
- Manage requirements and compliance
- Develop electronic designs and perform system modeling and analysis
- Work cross-functionally supporting mechanical, software, test, and simulation engineers during product development
- Identify and troubleshoot system level machine issues to determine root cause
- Research, architect, and evaluate new electronic technology and designs
The Technology Department of the Road division of Volvo Construction Equipment. We are an agile, highly dynamic team that is ambitious to deliver in a quickly evolving industry. We work collaboratively with the other functions within our business to be true partners with our customers in delivering the products they need and value. Our organization is driven by our employees who are highly empowered with a great level of accountability, ownership, and trust to deliver for our business.
This position will be based at our campus in Shippensburg, PA, the primary location for Volvo Construction Equipment in the United States.
We believe the successful candidate for this role will have
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field of study
- 5 years experience working with electrical and electronic systems in the off-road heavy equipment, on-road heavy equipment, automotive, or similar industry
- 3+ years experience in a product development environment, bringing concepts from idea to market
- Experience troubleshooting complex machine/vehicle electrical system issues
- Knowledge in root cause analysis and problem solving methodologies
- Knowledge and experience in automotive communication protocols
- The ability to work in cross-functional team environments
- Ability to provide technical leadership, training and guiding team members
- Effective and efficient communication skills; ability to share knowledge, information, and resources at all levels in the organization
- Adaptability and creativity
- Mechanical structures, hydraulic, and powertrain systems
- Model-based design in control system development
- Agile product development methodologies
- Project management
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.