Senior IT Architect for Solution Center Buses
Location Göteborg - Sweden
Within the Solution Center Buses in Group IT, we are looking for a Senior IT Architect.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
The Solution Center Buses consists of approx. 80 people located globally, in Sweden, Poland, Canada and Mexico. We work closely with our business stakeholders and develop high quality solutions to support the customer business and network.
As an IT Architect you will be involved in both project one-time and runtime initiatives for the Bus business. Your responsibility will cover the entire solution architecture aspects, the business rationale driving the change, needed functionality/Information, technical and implementation recommendations to ensure it is just right for its purpose across its life cycle. This may cover planning, design, implementation and operations of solutions in the different business areas.
Communication is a key success factor when working with change that will involve business stakeholders like end users, engineers, project managers and line organization representatives. You will develop documentation that helps communicate solution architecture to different types of stakeholders for example process diagrams, information models, system and integration landscapes support and maintenance models.
- Act as a solution architect in projects and runtime
- Work actively with as-is and to-be of the business, information, technical and implementation aspects of the architecture
- Ensure compliance with Volvo’s frameworks and standards
- Support the development of the Volvo Buses IT roadmap
- Develop documentation necessary for crisp communication to different stakeholders and in accordance with obligatory Volvo standards
- Present solution aspects to different types of stakeholders
- Continuously communicate architectural topics
- Support IT team in technical realization, testing and application’s deployment
- Lead reviews of architecture concepts and solutions
- Identify technical issues, security risks and propose mitigation actions
- Identify high level functional requirements or architecture principles, review detailed functional and non-functional requirements, including information security, and document such requirements
- Support and be part of the Agile way of working
- At least 5 years’ experience in creating and maintaining solution architecture and a university degree in engineering or computer science or similar
- Good communication skills with solution architecture stakeholders on different levels.
- Good knowledge of all aspects of the IT solution development process and software engineering.
- Practical knowledge of integration methods and processes
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving and time-management skills as well as pro-activeness and driving force.
- Skills and experience in data gathering, research and analysis to develop insightful conclusions
- Willingness and experience in working in a multicultural team and communicating in English with the team members, business stakeholders and other IT function
Would you like to be a part of our Solution Center and drive the future of IT solutions for Volvo Buses?
We continuously evaluate the candidates during the recruitment process. For any good match we might close the posting before last application day, so take the opportunity to apply already today!
For further information, please contact:
Delivery Manager Solution Center Buses Anna-Karin Larsson, phone +46 73 902 7398.
HR Business Partner, Maria Bernhardsson, phone +46 31 3236521.
Union representatives Gothenburg
Akademikerna – Therese Koggdal, +46 470 387855
Unionen - Jonas Ljungdahl, +46 31 3224985
Ledarna – Peter Svensson, +46 739 022687
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.