VP Product & Solutions Development (R&D)
Volvo Penta is hiring a Vice President Product & Solutions Development. We are looking for an engaged, business-oriented leader with ability to provide inspiring leadership and make people cooperate to make great things happen.
The Volvo Penta vision is to become the world leader in sustainable power solutions. We have a history of innovation and enjoy a strong market positions based on our current product and services offering. We are in a phase of accelerating next generation solutions within electromobility, connectivity and automation and the person we are looking for therefore has a deep passion for technology, a solid experience of senior research and development leadership as well as experience of driving change. This position reports to the CTO & Senior Vice President Product Planning, Purchasing and Product & Solutions Development [PPP] and will be part of the PPP Management team.
Functional responsibilities include:
- Development [Product & solution projects, Quality, Process]
- Testing & Laboratory [Activities within product & solutions Development]
- Technical & IT Support [Quality and consistency of the product & solutions information in order to increase the efficiency of the entire product Development & solutions process and other Up- and Down stream processes]
- Design [responsibility for each product & solutions family]
- Align the product & solutions development activities to meet the objectives of the technology plan
- Manage the product & solutions development budget, overall project plans and secure that project goals including cost, quality and authority regulations are met
- Initiate and implement improvements in product quality and product cost
- Extensive professional experience in technology leadership in a global environment (10+ years in relevant positions) with strong track record
- High standard of professionalism and to operate with integrity
- Experience from leading development of both concurrent automotive technologies (e.g. combustion engines, transmissions, vehicle electronics, etc.) as well as electromobility, connectivity and automation
- Experience from developing solutions
- Experience from software, system integration, electronics and functional safety
- Experience from managing large teams and complex operations
- Experience from emission, compliance and environmental sustainability management
- Experience from innovations management
- Experience from various ways of working (e.g. projects, agile, etc.)
- Experience from virtual methods and other tools to ensure development efficiency
- Quality and safety first mindset, with ability to establish tailored processes
- Effective contributor in a senior management team
- Strong leadership and management skills, bringing out the best in people and teams by keeping an open, honest and curious dialogue
- Results-orientated while building foundations for long term operational excellence
- You are the person who acts with a clear sense of ownership and you have exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to interact and influence at all levels both internally and externally
We believe you have a relevant University degree as the basis for your career.
In prioritizing candidates, we will pay attention to matching your profile to our CTO’s, Peter Granqvist, desire to create a diverse management team in all aspects, not the least in way of thinking. The successful candidate will have shown a winning attitude and great persona in combination with a strong track record and references.
The position is based in Göteborg, Sweden.
For further information, please contact:
Anna Thorén, Head of HR, CTO & PPP, +46 765 53 53 53, I am back at the office on the 10th of August.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.