This position will be accountable for retail sales and rentals of Volvo GPE equipment in a specified region. The incumbent in this position must be organized, a self-starter and an effective communicator that will create consistent and clear channels of communication with all department staff, customers, vendors and management.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities: (Include but not limited to the following.)
- Responsible for equipment sales and rentals to a customer base including heavy civil contractors, general contractors, building contractors, utility contractors, & municipalities.
- Active participation in local industry associations;
- Preparation of weekly sales forecasts;
- Maintaining application and product expertise relative to customer base;
- Completion of competitive business reports;
- Develop targeted industry marketing programs as required;
- Requires close working relationships with Product Support personnel and Rental Manager;
- Responsible to forward competitive product information, pricing and industry changes to the Volvo Regional Team;
- Develop and maintain product application expertise commensurate with Volvo standards on all products marketed by Volvo Construction Equipment;
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Must have at a minimum, a High School diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college in business administration or a related field is highly desired.
- 3-4 years of strong sales experience with construction industry products and knowledge in various types of ground engaging equipment, including, but not limited to excavators, wheel loaders, and articulated hauler trucks.
- Physical Requirements: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. (e.g. language, mobility)
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing
- Frequent stooping, bending, overhead reaching, lifting, pulling, caring, or pushing objects or materials, up to 10lbs.
- Occasional lifting, pulling, caring, or pushing objects or materials, up to 25lbs.
- Will be exposed to noisy, dusty areas with outdoor elements and environment.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders, steps and use handrails for entering and exiting heavy equipment.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.