Supply Chain Engineer
Come and be part of the exciting startup opportunity with the objective to start small and grow fast.
We believe in the importance of diversity and inclusiveness to make us a stronger and better organization. The motivation and passion to support our customers set us apart from others that want to be like us. Our company culture is how we interact with each other, with our customers and society as a whole. It is the foundation on which everything else is built. We embrace new ideas and constantly challenge the status quo – innovation is driven by a willingness to change to stay ahead and find smart ways to create new solutions.
If you are ready for meaningful challenges, have a passion for quality and customer satisfaction, and eager to make a difference, we invite you to apply for the Supply Chain Engineer with our company. At Mack Trucks, we support our team members in achieving their goals while at the same time helping to make our customers successful.
We strive for balance and believe that actively prioritizing a high level of diversity in our workforce creates a competitive advantage. It is our people that make the difference!
This position is responsible for overseeing activities related to the supply chain and logistics strategy and operations in order maximize the process efficiency and productivity. In addition, this role-plays a crucial role in developing and maintaining good relationships with vendors and distributors. A Supply Chain Engineer optimizes the production chain. This includes all the business processes that a product undergoes until it arrives at the end customer.
- Design and implementation of the supply chain in the introduction of new products
- Assist in the planning and implementation of the supply chain like:
- Plan For Every Part (PFEP)
- Inventory control
- MRP parameters
- Landed cost analysis
- Warehousing layout
- Suggest solutions for process improvements
- Identify process bottleneck and implementation solutions in a timely manner
- Negotiate with suppliers, logistics service providers, customers and other chain partners about the purchase of raw materials, packaging materials, transport, etc.
- Develop cost improvement programs with vendors
- Formulate RFQ’s
- Document step-by-step procedures for the supply planning process
- Manage respective packing pool
- Manage transport logistics (both continental and international)
- Build and maintain good relationships with vendors
- Provide training as needed to other team members
- Fulfilment of financial and operational key supply chain KPI’s
- Technical: Have insight into production processes
- Ownership / Accountability: Taking the lead in getting the job done and accepting responsibility for personal actions, costs and results and also consider the differences we have in culture and production demands. Strong sense of responsibility
- Concern for Effectiveness: Focusing attention on performance results, considering how work affects operating efficiency, and taking into account both the long term and the short term consequences of actions
- Feeling of Sales: Customer-oriented and have good financial insight
- Interpersonal Influence: Building strong work relationships and adjusting to how individuals, organizational units, and cultures
- Change Facilitation: Functioning as a catalyst for change and finding ways to overcome organizational obstacles and personal resistance to needed changes
- Analytical Skills: Can analyze business processes well and make connections. Recognizing patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions, and making recommendations for action
- Initiative: Taking action in the absence of specific instructions or in the absence of a specific requirement, taking reasonable risks to achieve results
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Logistics required
- Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Logistics preferred
- Engineering experience in an industrial environment: 5-7 years
- In-depth knowledge of supply chain engineering operations and best practices
- Understanding of Volvo Operations Concept (VOC) and Volvo Production System (VPS) is a plus
- Experience working in cross-functional and multicultural team
- Knowledge of heavy equipment and automotive transportation industry preferred
- Demonstrated lean manufacturing experience
- Knowledge in SAP
- Ability to communicate effectively within a local and international environment
- Ideal candidate will have an intrapreneurship spirt and the ability to work independently
- Excellent analytical, critical and creative thinking, judgment, time management, and problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt to change and work in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of manufacturing systems and unit operations
- As all documentation is in English, proficiency in the English language is required
- Must be proficient in the MS Office
- Strong understanding of the Volvo Group Businesses is a plus
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.