Lead ESW Application Engineer - UX Functions & HMI Development
The biggest technology shift within the automotive industry in decades has just begun. A new era is waiting behind the horizon and we yet have seen only a few glimpses of the greatness that awaits us. We at Electrical & Electronics and Vehicle Connectivity, also need to be prepared for the challenges, those are ahead of us. Hence, we need your technical expertise, your analytical ability and your genuine interest in guiding others as well as contribute towards the team, in order for us to manoeuvre through this journey. In addition, to support the business in this exciting environment, we are looking for proactive and open-minded talents.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
Electrical & Electronics and Vehicle Connectivity (EEVC) Group plays a key role as a very important engineering function within Vehicle Engineering in UD Trucks Technology. This team’s scope includes entire Electrical & Electronics System & Components Development / Maintenance for Quester & Croner ranges. Also, being the product owners, we are responsible to make sure that right inputs based on current & future product needs are incorporated in the overall EEVC System, Components & Architecture roadmaps collaboratively working together with our partners.
Lead ESW Application Engineer - UX Functions & HMI Development, being a key role within the team, you will,
- Drive overall technical deliveries and strategies related to UX Functions Design, HMI Specification & HMI Software Development for new products as well as maintenance projects for the identified scope
- Secure overall QDCF of the UX Functions & HMI product deliveries, through-out the product life cycle, including, creation / updating of,
- HMI Function Design & Requirement Specification
- HMI SW Architecture
- UX / HMI Concept Design & Simulation
- HMI Interaction Elements definition, Interaction Pattern & Diagnostic Warning Configuration
- HMI Sketch, Skeleton Graphics & HMI Graphics Implementation
- Business Logic & Application Software Components Implementation
- Graphic Engine & Graphics Drivers
- Overall HMI Software Build / Quality & Vulnerability Check / Unit Test / Delivery
- Documentation and Release of Software Components / Parts / Parameters / Other artefacts
- Define / drive UX Function / HMI Software Development plan in alignment with the overall ECU Development Plan catering to Projects / Product Streams
- Contribute towards Product Builds as well as Field Issue investigation & resolution
- Evaluate incoming projects in terms of HMI scope, budget, prioritization / plan and resource needs along with Line Manager
- Support Line Manager in strategic topics related to EEVC Synergy within UD Trucks Products, Technology partner collaboration & Global Product Strategy Roadmaps from HMI Tech / UX Functions point of view.
- Continuously identify and implement best practices and efficient engineering processes for R&D Efficiency.
- Additionally, support SQA (for PPAP & APQP activities), Manufacturing, Aftermarket and Technical service functions as required
- HMI Pre-study leader / ETL for projects / quality activities & overall HMI Change Management controller from UX Functions / HMI point of view.
- UX / HMI Strategy Roadmap responsible aligning the UX Functions / HMI concepts & Advanced Engineering activities towards our product road maps and strategies.
- Cross-functional interface towards stakeholders like, Product Design, PPL, Market / Sales, Customers, Project, Other Tech Partners, etc., for overall UX / HMI Solutions & related Customer Clinics / Demo Sessions
As an aspirant towards this role, we expect you to have the following,
- BE / ME / M Tech in Electronics / Electrical & Electronics / Instrumentation Engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in the Automotive HMI / Embedded Software development.
- Strong hold in UX Functions Design, HMI Specification & HMI Development with thorough Embedded System Level Knowledge
- Detailed knowledge about Electronic Hardware / Software Architecture for HMI ECUs
- Strong hold on HMI Implementation using automotive HMI development tools (e.g. CGI Studio, QT/QML, Balsamiq Tools, etc).
- In-depth Knowledge regarding Graphics Engines, Graphics Drivers & RTOS (e.g. Embedded Linux, QNX, Android, etc.).
- Strong hold in Embedded C, C++
- Knowledge of Software Quality/Vulnerability Check tools (e.g. Klockwork, etc.)
- Knowledge of Compilers (e.g. Green Hills etc.), Debuggers (e.g. Trace32, etc.) Build Tools (e.g. Gradle, etc.) & Unit Test tools (e.g. CUnit, etc.)
- Knowledge of Build / Unit Test automation setups (e.g. Jenkins, etc.)
- Knowledge of different Requirement Management Tools, Software Repository Systems & Configuration Management tools (e.g. Git, etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of different automotive communication protocols, standards & tools
- Knowledge of tools related to diagnostics & production / aftermarket systems
- Experienced in working in an environment of global / local organization with cross functional interaction
- Well-versed in Agile way of working (SAFe & related tools, e.g. Jira, Confluence, etc.) as well as good understanding of project operations
- Very good knowledge in Quality Management (QMS), DFMEA / HARA & other Product Quality Assurance tools
- Knowledge of global standards related to product development, e.g. AUTOSAR, ISO26262, SAE J1939, etc.
- Knowledge on conventional / adaptive AUTOSAR (Overall Concepts & Configuration)
- Knowledge of Different Microcontrollers (preferably used in Automotive HMI related ECU e.g. Instrument Cluster, Secondary Displays, Infotainment Units, etc.)
- Knowledge of Cyber Security, Open Source Development, ISO26262 SW Development, etc.
- Knowledge of Yocto, POSIX, etc.
- Good communication skill in English, both written and spoken.
- Very good interpersonal skills
- High customer focus
- Good problem solving skills
- Systematic, analytic, pro-active and open minded
- Enjoy working in teams as well as on your own, take responsibility, be creative and innovative, be generous and share knowledge.
- Have a drive to develop as a professional and accept new challenges in our dynamic environment.
- Open multi-cultural mind-set is required.
- Genuine interest in Automotive Electrical & Electronics domain
Do you strive to be the best in whatever you do? Is your passion Electrical and Electronics? Do you have the zeal to go the extra-mile? Then this is the place you want to be! Come join us at the Electrical & Electronics and Vehicle Connectivity Group within UD Trucks Technology at Bangalore.
CURIOUS, AND HAVE SOME QUESTIONS? WRITE TO US!
India Recruitment Team (Function.firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
UD Trucks is an international commercial vehicle solutions provider based and headquartered in Japan. UD Trucks develop, produce and sell a wide range of heavy, medium and light-duty vehicles, supporting smart logistics solutions across 60 countries. Our trucks go the extra distance, giving our customers extra fuel mileage and uptime.
Our 8,000 smart, modern and diversified colleagues work with passion, trust and change to stay ahead for performance. We will always go the extra mile for our customers and business partners.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.