- Develops tools and templates required by production using the appropriate software
- Designs templates using Autocad/Inventor, documenting their creation
- Contributes to operational optimization and equipment design with engineering
- Writes and updates required production documentation
- Assists the process engineer with the initial training on a new option
- Supports production when assembly issues arise
- Identifies root causes of assembly issues, calling upon the necessary resources
- Uses problem-solving methods when required by complex problems
- Consults with the engineering representative on the best option to implement
- Implements solutions, and ensures follow-up
- When problem solving, writes required documentation (AVT, procedures, work instructions) to clarify and simplify production assembly work
- Communicates the solutions to the concerned departments and coordinates the various departmental interventions, as required
- Writes action plans when required and ensures follow-up
- Documents the history of problems and writes requests for technical service (DST) when required
- Carries out the required personnel training to explain the final solution and to facilitate learning
- Manages assigned projects according to identified priorities
- Identifies critical parts as soon as they are released in order not to accumulate a backlog
- Participates in or carries out various projects or performs work as requested by the supervisor
- Support and participate in continuous improvement efforts
- College diploma in mechanical or electrical technology or engineering with 1-2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- In lieu of a college diploma, we will consider substantial relevant experience and a willingness to obtain a college diploma within 2 years of placement
- Knowledge of statistical process control (SPC)
- Knowledge of manufacturability concepts and criteria
- Ability to work well under pressure, autonomous, analytical mind and sound judgment
- Strong organizational and time/priority management skills
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Buses, is driven by a purpose to ensure that millions of people reach their travel destination every day. Reliably, safely and with respect for the environment. We want to make a difference, being pioneers of sustainable transport solutions of the future. We want to be there for our customers providing uptime and reliability, all over the world every day. Volvo Buses is leading the biggest technology shift in public transport in decades with our electromobility offer. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.