The candidate will be responsible to construct, alter and repair any and all tools, dies, jigs, fixtures and gages except tools and temporary fixtures specifically covered in other skilled trades job descriptions.
Such as tradesman’s precision measuring instruments, hand tools, a variety of precision machine tools.
- Receives instruction from supervisor as to schedule of activities and may have certain standing instructions covering some duties
- Examine parts for defects such as wear, mutilation, burns, breaks and replace and / or repair parts as required
- Perform minor machining operations on repair and replacement parts
- Constructs, alters and repairs any and all tools, dies, gages, jigs and fixtures. Sets up for, and operates all types of precision machine tools as required. Per forms bench or assembly work related to construction, alteration, and repair of tools, dies, jigs, fixtures and gages. Sharpens and hardens tools as required. Performs major re-tooling of machines and the incidental connection and disconnection of hydraulic lines of fixtures. Works from drawings, sketches and verbal instructions. Plans and lays out own work, performs inspection duties on own and others work as required, and is responsible for all work he performs
- Programs and operates Haas and Okuma machining centers using Esprit software
- Advises supervisor of malfunction of machines, tools, equipment or gages and takes corrective action as directed. Recognizes dull tooling and replaces as required. Checks pieces with gages as required and verifies that parts are within specifications. Uses precision measuring instruments to check work where special gages are not available
- Toolmaker will assist other crafts when needed
- Instructs others on occasion as required and keeps records as required. Keeps work area and equipment clean and orderly at all times
- Work with other members within the maintenance team and production department to troubleshoot and repair malfunctioning machinery and equipment
- Actively participate in root cause analysis interactions with other maintenance personnel, engineers, operators, and production leadership
- Maintain required records and documentation
- Keep equipment and work areas clean and in order
- Provide instruction to others as required
- Strong understanding and comprehension of part prints
- Working knowledge of machining centers such as Okuma, Mazak, and Liebher, including the ability to troubleshoot clamping and fixture issues
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft applications
- Able to follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Must have knowledge of problem solving tools such as 5W1H and 5Whys
- Must be familiar with Lean manufacturing, Continuous improvement processes
- Must be familiar with Kaizen processes
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have a Journeyman’s card recognized by the International Skilled Trades Department of the United Autoworkers in the trade
- Or, an equivalent certification for having graduated from a formalized apprenticeship course in the trade, that meets the standards of the United States Department of Labor
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates.
In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.