Engineer - Geometrical Assurance
Group Truck Technologies is responsible for designing and developing trucks for all truck brands in Volvo group.
As a part of Vehicle Engineering unit within Volvo Group Truck Technologies, CAB design is a department which is responsible for the cabin designs of trucks.
Within CAB design department, Geometrical assurance team is responsible for ensuring fit and finish requirements of the cabin for both interior and exterior parts are met.
The Geometrical assurance engineer is responsible to ensure that proper datum systems are set , tolerances are allocated to parts and tolerance stack up studies are done to in order to meet the requirements set.
You report to the Group Manager of Geometrical Assurance and Architecture group within CAB design department.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
You shall be part of an energetic team, connected globally across the sites and always working towards improving the efficiency while sharing the knowledge gained through the projects across the team.
As a Geometrical assurance engineer you are responsible for the fit and finish requirements of parts and assemblies in the truck cabin.
You will be responsible to:
- Give inputs and recommendations to design concept in terms for robustness of geometries
- Set proper datum targets on the parts and assemblies Assign part and assembly tolerances
- Perform 2D and 3D tolerance studies to ensure the fit and finish requirements are met
- Perform 2D and 3D tolerance studies for specific requests of functionality / fitment requirements
- Solve issues related to part tolerances, fitment, fit and finish on the on the production and development vehicles.
- Discuss with supplier to conclude on production tolerances.
- Prepare documents for measurement protocols with supplier and verify the measurement processes.
- Validate the requirements in physical trucks and do the root cause analysis to propose a solution to fix problems.
- You shall have a close interactions with quality requirement engineer, design team, CAB architecture team, verification leader and suppliers
- You visit suppliers and Volvo assembly locations to validate the solutions .
WHO ARE YOU?
- Sound knowledge of GD&T Awareness of manufacturing process and achievable tolerances
- Knowledge about 2D and 3D tolerance stack up
- Clear and crisp in communication
- Good technical leadership skills
- Exposure to automotive interiors and exterior components
- University degree or equivalent
- Fluent in English
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.