Class 2 Home Delivery Driver at B&Q Hartcliffe
Class 2 home Delivery Driver at B&Q Hartcliffe
Salary: £9.99 per hour
Working 07:00 to 16:00 on a rotating shift pattern of 5 days Monday to Saturday
We are looking for a permanent full-time Class 2 / Cat C Driver to join our driving team based within the B&Q store. We like to develop our talent, so for the right person we will support and train you to get your Hiab licence within your first three months with us.
Typically during the winter you will be supporting the B&Q Store to Home delivery team in a rigid vehicle, delivering to the customer’s room of choice with another Driver or Porter. During the summer you will drive one of our 26 ton Hiabs, supporting the Tradepoint team with deliveries (if you don’t have your crane licence, don’t worry, we’ll train you).
This role is key to our success. You will represent both the face of the customer and our business on a daily basis so we are looking for a highly motivated individual who can deliver exceptional levels of customer service and deliver our customer promise.
What you need to have:
- Class 2 / Cat C Driving Licence with no more than six penalty points.
- Valid Driver CPC and digital tachocard
- Experience of driving commercial vehicles.
- Take pride in delivering exceptional customer service
- Excellent communication skills both face to face and on the phone
- Current crane licence (preferred, but we can train you)
- On-going training that counts towards your CPC renewal
- 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Life assurance (3 x annual salary)
- Access to wide range of discounts including reduced gym membership and cinema tickets
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- B&Q discount card
- Opportunity for Overtime in the summer at 1.5x hourly rate
- 45p per mile when covering at other stores (in the summer)
Since 1894, Renault Trucks supplies transport professionals with robust tools and robust relationships. The vehicles (from 2.8 to 120 tons) and services offering are adapted to different transport applications and contribute to reduce customers’ operational costs. With Renault Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.