Senior System Design Engineer – Physical System Architecture
System Engineering has a strong technical leadership for Architecture, Vehicle communication, Vehicle Configuration and diagnostics strategies both for onboard and off board services through our technical strategies. These strategies are then detailed in system specifications which are supporting our platform objectives.
GTA SE also supports the E&EE organization with process, tools and methods for function development.
System Engineer – Physical System Architecture, this is a role within System Engineering that works on designing of the Electrical System right from the concept stage. These Engineers work on creating detailed functional concepts, functional schematics and Hardware modeling.
Functional schematic involves development and documentation of the functional. The engineers also are involved in reviewing the functional concepts and supporting verification (vehicle and test Benches)
- Develop the Electrical design concepts,
- Create and maintain the functional schematics,
- Take lead in power management concepts,
- Be responsible for wire size calculations,
- Perform load balance at system level,
- Create hardware model management structure,
- Actively participate in development, enhancement of methods and processes.
3.1.Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- BE/BTech/ME/Mtech in Electrical/Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Experience: 5 -6 years of experience in design and development of Vehicle Schematics and its simulation.
- Automotive engineering knowledge along with strong Electrical\\Electronics engineering knowledge.
- Should have very good understanding about the complete automotive electrical systems.
- Should have a good knowledge in designing the schematics for Vehicle End to End functions.
- Good Knowledge of Electrical design tools such as Saber or any other similar tools.
- Hands on experience in Schematics simulation tools would be an added advantage.
- Should have knowledge in selection of fuse, relay, wire size values etc of the schematics designed.
- Strong knowledge on Hardware Interfaces with electrical / components.
- Basic functional knowledge of electro mechanical systems (Mechatronics Systems).
- Should have Team and cross functional work abilities.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English is Mandatory.
- Good design & analysis knowledge & should have used quality tools like SFMEA, DFMEA, QFD etc.
- Technical Learning
- Action Oriented
- Learning on the fly
- Priority setting
- Experience in cross functional management
- Strong demonstrated self- managed learningClose
- Reports to Group Manager System Engineer in Bangalore
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.