Intern: Project Support (Summer 2019)
We believe in the importance of diversity and inclusiveness to make us a stronger and better organization. The motivation and passion to support our customers set us apart from others that want to be like us. Our company culture is how we interact with each other, with our customers and society as a whole. It is the foundation on which everything else is built. We embrace new ideas and constantly challenge the status quo – innovation is driven by a willingness to change to stay ahead and find smart ways to create new solutions.
The purpose of this internship position is to assist and learn in an exciting opportunity supporting a product line with a broad scope of assignments to include project planning, engineering, industrial planning and manufacturing.
- Serves in a training and development capacity for more complex and productive assignments
- Assists experienced Project Directors with investigations related to projects
- Initial phase of training and development within area of assignment
- Proficient use of equipment, instrumentation and software/hardware used within area of assignment
- Entry level performance issues with task-oriented, less complicated assignments
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, pitching in to get the job done
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Sophomores, Juniors or Seniors currently enrolled and pursuing a BS Degree in Engineering at an accredited school; no work experience required
- Applicants must have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Student must have minimum GPA of 3.0
- Ability to travel frequently to the manufacturing plants
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Founded in 1900, Mack Trucks - recognized around the world as “The American Truck You Can Count On” – to builds durable and reliable, application-driven vehicles that get the job done. An iconic brand, Mack embodies the American spirit: pioneering, hard-working, authentic and ambitious. With Mack Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.