Intern: Tax (Summer 2019)
The Tax Intern reports to the Tax Manager and is responsible for sales, property and income tax compliance, as well as interaction taxing authorities regarding these taxes. The Tax Intern contributes to domestic, multi-state and industry specific tax compliance and research for Volvo Financial Services and its affiliated entities in the United States. They will actively contribute to tax projects and implementing process improvements.
- Support Sr. Tax Accountant in preparing income tax workpapers/returns
- Support Sr. Tax Accountant in reconciling sales tax returns
- Support Tax Accountant in reconciling personal property tax accounts
- Reconcile corresponding tax related general ledger account
- Extract data from company systems and reporting for use in filing sales tax returns
- Work with customers, internal representatives and external vendors to resolve customer taxability issues, quote tax rates, and effect any changes necessary to keep VFS USA in compliance with tax laws
- Research questions and issues raised by the business regarding sales, property tax or income tax issues
- Respond to tax notices issued by various tax authorities
- Assist with tax audits initiated by various tax authorities or internal control
- Assist with tax-related projects
- Other duties may be assigned
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize and balance requests
- Effective analytical skills
- Ability to make sound business judgments through clear decision making processes
- Solid research abilities and experience with various tax research software
- Strong computer literacy with Microsoft Office
- Experience with tax software is a plus
- Work experiences displaying a high level of integrity, professionalism, and teamwork
- Established ability to solve problems in an innovative way
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a BA/BS in Accounting (or similar) preferred at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship.
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Have experience in prioritizing work effectively
- Be an individual and team contributor
- Multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Have proven interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Fully proficient in reading, writing and speaking English
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.