Intern: Logistics Engineering (Summer 2019)
The purpose of this internship position is to support the Logistics Engineering department in defining, maintaining and improving logistics processes.
The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in an industrial environment, and to support/promote the graduate's career goals through interaction with logistics professionals. Interns participate in professional activities for Volvo New River Valley Plant by working on practical, innovative and important projects. This Internship provides structured learning experiences where interns and our logistics professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The internship allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo New River Valley Plant.
Assignment will begin on May 13th, 2019 and continue through August 9th, 2019 working up to 30 hours/week.
- Hands-on, stand-alone and creative assignments to support strategic logistic objectives, mainly in the areas of:
- Packaging definition and supplier compliance
- Logistics process definition, standardization and improvement
- Logistics data gathering, interpretation and analysis
- Learn the processes and ways of working of the Logistics Engineering Department.
- Active participation in Logistics Engineering department.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Analytical and Affinity for Processes: Structured and systematic approach of assignments
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to promote to a higher standard; pitching in to get the job done
Minimum Education and Experience
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Business, Engineering or similar field of study, at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship.
- Student should have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Technical Skills
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
- Time Management
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.