Senior Product Specialist
The Technical Services department is part of the Quality & Customer Satisfaction organization. We support Volvo Group products operating in North America and for Mack globally (Volvo Trucks, Mack Trucks, UD trucks, Volvo Bus, Prevost) through our technical knowledge, problem solving, & service. We investigate vehicle field quality issues & deliver professional support and communication between the Brand aftermarket support & Product Development organizations.
As a Senior Product Specialist within the Technical Services department, you will actively be involved in vehicle product quality issues that demand the highest levels of product knowledge, quality of workmanship, & service attitude to serve our Brand customers / field service network, and product development counterparts.
- Contribute to Quality objectives supporting the NA market & Mack globally to maximize vehicle uptime, minimize warranty cost, and maximize customer satisfaction: early detection of customer quality issues, first-time-right repair guidance, diagnostic robustness, solution effectiveness
- Provide technical service for vehicle product quality issues (hardware, electrical, software) with engineering expertise, advanced diagnostics, and analysis
- Work closely with Volvo field service network as a technical resource to provide remote and/or on-site vehicle technical investigations to resolve customer vehicle problems.
- Convert product knowledge gained through analysis and field investigations into knowledge shared within Volvo.
- Communicate technical understanding of customer product issues, such that quality solving solutions are robust.
- Contribute to & support service literature, diagnostic fault trees & procedures, tools, and training material for publication
- Initiate & lead technical problem definition investigations of complex field product issues.
- Conduct technical investigations as the front line engineering resource through “real time” & “hands-on” product technical problem solving. Engage component & system experts to collaborate to define the product problem, cause, & recommended solutions.
- Travel will be required, sometimes with short notice. Travel frequency will vary.
- Graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or equivalent technical field
- Experience in automotive related or technical industry, preferably in Engineering or Service with a minimum of three years
- Communicate effectively & in a professional manner across all levels of the organization both written & verbally in English
- Strong Technical and Analytical skills
- Capability to travel domestically and internationally, as needed
- Leadership & determination in managing work to solve problems
- Commercial Driver’s license desired, but not required
- Knowledge of PC/Microsoft Office applications required, also preferred knowledge of development and diagnostic tools
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.