Chassis Dynamometer Building and Infrastructure Technical Leader
Located in Hagerstown, MD, Volvo Group Trucks Technology operates one of a series of global Powertrain Development Laboratories which focuses on research and development of heavy duty Mack and Volvo truck engines and transmissions. The focus of this laboratory is to optimize and calibrate, and verify performance of our product while meeting regulatory standards and the growing needs of our customers.
This position is within the Facilities and Processes group. The role of this group is ensuring that all facilities equipment and lab processes are managed to the highest level. This includes the maintenance and support of the equipment and processes to be properly executed so the laboratory maintains the highest efficiency.
This key role will be responsible for working on the new green-field chassis dynamometer build in Hagerstown. Daily responsibilities will consist of coordination between Volvo key stakeholders and suppliers during the design and build phase from a construction and infrastructure standpoint. This includes but is not limited to building construction and materials, electrical, HVAC, plumbing and fuel procurement and installation phases of the project to secure detailed requirements and correct installations are achieved to deliver the objective of the investment. Main interfaces include turnkey suppliers, equipment suppliers, contractors and internal Volvo stakeholders.
Responsibilities / Main tasks
- Serve as the technical leader on all construction and building infrastructure design, evaluation, and purchases for the chassis dynamometer project
- Technical interface to the lab services employees, engineers, suppliers, and contractors
- Coordinate between Volvo stakeholders and suppliers on construction and building infrastructure
- Plan and execute design, evaluation, purchases, and installation of necessary infrastructure
- Procure and maintain equipment submittals and documentation
- Provide direction to Union employees as well as contractors
- Periodic domestic and international travel may be required
- Actively seek new ideas, improved processes, and efficient operating solutions
- Build a strong network within the global network of Volvo’s laboratories, and vendors
- Global Working Group Participation: Serve as a Hagerstown representative in the global Volvo forum
- Bachelors of Science in Civil or Mechanical Engineering or related field with at least 5 years relevant experience required; Master’s Degree preferred
- 10+ years of related experience will be considered in lieu of a bachelor’s degree
- Familiarity with federal and local regulatory documentation (EPA 40 CFR, OBD, zoning requirements, environmental regulations) as well as ISO 9000 and ISO 14001 procedures and practices
- Data reduction and analysis skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Problem solving skills
- Proficient Project Management skills
- Diesel Engine and vehicle understanding, including after-treatment systems is a plus
- Construction background preferred
- Microsoft Office
- CAD & Inventor
- Peer Relationships
- Technical Learning
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.