Business Controller - Service Market Logistics - Ghent and EU
Service Market Logistics (SML) is part of Group Trucks Operations. We are an organization of approximately 3,700 employees globally in more than 40 locations. Every day, we are delivering world class operational excellence for our customers, based on smart logistics solutions. Our job is to develop, manage and optimize the Service Market supply chain for all Volvo Group brands and JV’s. The scope for Service Market Logistics includes Flow Optimization, Inventory Management, Distribution Center operations, Customs & Trade as well as the development of logistics solutions to ensure the highest possible parts availability, delivery precision and quality everywhere in the world. We strive for an innovative and diverse workplace, exercising the Volvo Group values with high focus on customer success.
This is us, your new colleagues
We plan the supply chain from suppliers to dealers in order to secure the best possible spare parts availability resulting in the best possible uptime for customers’ products and services. In order to achieve this we cooperate with all contributors in the service market supply chain to fulfill customer expectations. We interact with suppliers, dealers and market companies but also with our purchasing and development colleagues. Operationally we are responsible from supplier up to the dealer inventory which includes the management of Support Distribution Centers across Europe and the Central Distribution Center in Gent.
As a Business Controller within the SML Gent and EU organization, you act as a true business partner for the Gent CDC and Europe SDC’s operations, guiding them in their continuous cost deployment journey.
You provide thorough analyzes and financial background towards the management and the different networks of CDC Gent and SDC Europe to support strategic decisions and business development. While doing so, you keep an ever-changing macro- and microeconomic reality in mind.
Your main focus will be to:
- Follow up, analyze, interpret and perform the internal reporting of the financial results linked to the daily operations
- Support the strategic plan and process behind (Business Plan, Estimates, Closing, …) in an efficient and effective way
- Support the management and line organization by delivering relevant business- and financial input and updates, setting up the dialogue and challenging your stakeholders
- Translate the financial business objectives to engage all functional levels, by further developing and activating the cost deployment roadmap throughout the teams
- Support in the daily operations and product & process projects, business case creation and continuous improvement activities
- Perform training & coaching on different levels linked to the different cost KPI’s
Who are you?
In a working environment, you are able to grasp the big picture, are quick in understanding, and have a good business sense. You have flexibility and ability to work proactively and independently. You are a good communicator, with the ability to create trustful relations in a diverse environment. You have an open and positive attitude, are curious and have a genuine interest in constantly developing as a professional.
To be successful in your new role we want you have the following knowledge/experience:
- University degree in appropriate academic qualification or equivalent experience
- You like to work with numbers and have analytical skills
- You have a high problem solving ability, and are customer oriented
- You are a team player and have the ability to build relationships and networks cross functionally
- You are reliable, accurate, proactive and work autonomous
- Well organized and structured in order to give room for innovation and creativity
- You are skilled in Excel and other Microsoft applications, knowledge of SAP is a big asset
- You have good communication skills, also in group discussions
- As we are a truly global and diverse company, most of your meetings and emails will be in English, hence you need to be fluent in both speaking and writing in English.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates.
In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.