ENGINEER – CAB EXTERIOR
Then this position is the right one for you!
Cab Engineering North America has the responsibility for Cab Projects as well as Cab Architecture, Cab Geometry Architecture and Geometry Assurance for the Mack Truck and Volvo Truck brands. We develop new and advanced cabs for our future trucks, while continually adapting our current products to different market demands. Working in an international environment is an exciting challenge, which is placing more and higher demands on our employees.
This position provides an opportunity to solve real world engineering problems involving the design, testing and manufacturing of vehicle exterior parts and systems. The candidate for this position will provide design solutions/strategies through a cross functional network of people and processes in a fast paced environment. Candidate will coordinate and perform complex engineering tasks under minimal supervision.
These exterior systems include major aesthetic and aerodynamic exterior parts including:
- Air deflectors
- Body trim panels
- Wiper systems
- Grab handles and steps
- Ownership of complete QDCF (Quality, Delivery, Cost & Feature) in deliverables.
- Life cycle responsibility for various exterior components or systems including concept, detailed engineering design, maintenance and administration.
- Cross-functional coordination with counterparts in other departments and/or suppliers to facilitate and meet project time plans.
- Accuracy, accountability and ownership within area of assignment
- Minimum BS degree in Mechanical Engineering
- MS in Engineering preferred
- At least 3 years In Product Design Engineering
- Experience in motor vehicle related industry preferred
- Action oriented
- Customer focus
- Instills trust
- Values differences
- Communicates effectively
- Drive for results
- Functional/technical skills
- Collaborative group skills
- Problem solving
- Priority setting
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.