Intern: Mechanical Engineering, Product Validation (Summer 2019)
This position will report to the Group Manager for the Product Validation group.
- Track fleet of 20-30 customer field test vehicles and create periodic summaries of progress, mileage accumulation, performance, driver feedback.
- Process & analyze data collected from test trucks. Work with Group Manager & team members to develop post processing methods & reports. Focus areas include fuel economy, climate, duty cycle analysis, and performance metrics. Programming skills in Matlab or Python is preferred.
- Assist engineers with problem reporting, data analysis, root cause determination & resolution from field tests and reliability tests.
- Perform tests, analyze and report results.
- Attention to detail: Timely and accurate reporting from test trucks
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a mechanical engineering degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- Summer interns are required to work 40 hours per week.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must have valid U.S. work authorization.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.