Operational Support Manager
Central Distribution Center in Byhalia, Mississippi
Logistics Operations Americas is part of GTO (Group Truck Operations) and has approximately 1,000 employees in more than 20 locations within the region. Our job is to design, handle and optimize the supply chain for all Volvo Group brands. The scope for Logistics Services includes making sure material is delivered to the production facilities, packaging is available, vehicles are distributed to the dealers, and that management of material, warehouses and distribution ensures the availability of parts everywhere in the world. We make sure all logistics services are delivered with world class operational excellence.
We have an exciting opportunity for the right individual as the Manager Distribution Center Operational Support for our 1,000,000 SF central Distribution Center in Byhalia, MS. This new Byhalia DC is located approximately 25 miles southeast of Memphis, TN. The Byhalia DC employees approximately 625 employees.
Mission/purpose of the job
- Facility management :
- Manage the CDC’s footprint and facility change management
- Manage plant related projects and activities to meet and continuously improve the desired organizational performance targets.
- Responsible for maintaining and repairing mobile equipment, IT equipment & infrastructure and other equipment to maintain maximum uptime of operations within the site complex.
- Manage internal activities and external contractors in conjunction with Volvo Group Real Estate (VGRE).
- Maintain standard work processes (production engineering)
- Production Planning
- Optimize Inventory accuracy via planned cycle counting, bin checks, quality checks
- Lead the organization (you will lead other leaders) as an inspirational leader, engage and motivate teams through challenging targets, modeling the Volvo Way of leadership and as measured through the Volvo Group Attitude Survey.
- Champion the culture in the organization and foster continuous improvement (by rolling out the Volvo Production System).
- The position is part of the DC management team and reports directly to the Director of the DC.
- The position will interface with process owners and process managers through best practice networks.
- Interaction with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Fulfillment of financial and operational KPI’s for the Distribution Center, such as:
- Operational expenses Variance analysis
- Property, Plant, Equipment investment planning
- WIP inventory
- Set the rules for inventory control activities for the warehouse.
- Deliver all repair and maintenance services within the agreed and committed overall budget objectives.
- Purchase all shop supplies to support operations
- Attract good people, focus on performance management, training and develop talent. Be an inspirational leader who motivates and engages the employees. Meet engagement, leadership and communication related targets as measured by the Volvo Group Attitude Survey.
- Drive, set plans and challenge the team to achieve results and targets while keeping high level of motivation and engaged people
- Challenge management to look for further efficiency to reach operational excellence in the organization.
- Act as contact person towards Process & IT for all departments in the CDC’s
- Responsible for Hazmat management
- Formalize and implement best practice logistics footprint for the CDC’s via logistics and engineering expertise to improve operational performance in the warehouse.
- Benchmark other DC’s and competitors for best practices and results.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and securing common operational processes (administrative and physical handling)
- Establish and develop a strong collaboration with stakeholders
- Ensure safety targets are met and related legislation and policies are respected in the operation.
- Ensure that environmental legislation and policies are respected in the operation
- Set service level agreements with subcontractors and suppliers and follow-up
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and/or 5-7 years of equivalent experience
- 5 to 10 years of experience in facility management (distribution or production facilities) and/or logistics/production engineering, with minimum of 3 years in management position
- Strong leader, with a high and solid level in each of the Volvo Group Leadership competencies for the leading leader level. This individual will be an inspiring and inclusive leader as well as an active team worker.
- Strong skills in people development, leadership development and culture leadership.
- Significant change management experience and demonstrated ability to set demanding targets and to motivate teams and individuals to deliver outside their comfort zones, while further developing an excellent working climate and atmosphere in alignment with the Volvo Way and the Code of Conduct.
- Able to demonstrate a clear vision, global mindset and successful people and culture leadership and integration, in the geographical scope (global, regional, domestic)
- As the Volvo Group values quality, safety, environment, diversity and respect for the individual, have strong personal credibility and integrity as well as creativity.
- Good analytical skills
- Solid problem-solving skills with a good understanding of the business environment.
- Knowledge of lean principles and lean management is an advantage
- As all documentation is in English, proficiency in the English language is required.
- Must be able to communicate efficiently and effectively within a multi-cultural and international environment.
- Must be willing to travel domestically and Internationally (occasional)
- Must be proficient in MS Office
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.