Lean Implementation Manager
Central Distribution Center in Byhalia, Mississippi
Service Market Logistics (SML) is part of Group Trucks Operations and has approximately 1,000 employees in more than 20 locations within the region. Our job is to design, handle and optimize the supply chain for all Volvo Group brands. The scope for Logistics Services includes making sure material is delivered to the production facilities, packaging is available, vehicles are distributed to the dealers, and that management of material, warehouses and distribution ensures the availability of parts everywhere in the world. We make sure all logistics services are delivered with world class operational excellence.
We have an exciting opportunity for the right individual as the Lean Implementation Manager for our 1,000,000 SF central Distribution Center in Byhalia, MS. This new Byhalia DC is located approximately 25 miles southeast of Memphis, TN. The Byhalia DC employees approximately 625 employees.
Mission/purpose of the job
- Design the Volvo Production System (VPS) / Lean journey, define the roadmap, coordinate and drive related activities in cooperation with the entire management team.
- Deliver hands on coaching in the operations and support functions. Map competences gaps and define training actions to support all people in the Lean journey. Share expertise in lean thinking and VPS related tools.
- Challenge the management team and promote best practice within the operation to reach operational excellence throughout the entire supply chain.
- Understand current state operations roles. Be able to perform the work.
- Develop the “lean thinking” in the the entire organization and promote cross functional cooperation to ensure the end to end approach.
- Lead a team of VPS coaches and specialists.
- Contribute actively to the VPS network.
- Close cooperation with the Cost Deployment team.
- Go / see approach to understand the current situation and support the problem solving methodology creating an environment of continuous improvement.
- The position is part of the DC management team and reports directly to the Director of Operations.
- The position will interface with process owners and process managers through best practice networks.
- Interaction with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Bachelor’s degree
- You have successful and substantial experiences from implementing VPS/lean in a manufacturing, service market or logistics operations.
- You have 10 years of supply chain and or manufacturing experience
- You have a lot of energy and drive to develop and influence people around you to always do their best, be innovative and accountable to deliver.
- You possess the necessary skills in coaching and facilitation as well as having a good understanding of interpersonal relations and organizational development.
- You are a strong communicator and able to create trustful relations in spite of cultural differences and geographical distance.
- Having a good understanding of the Volvo Group Business and the challenges in an international environment is an asset.
- In a group that values quality, safety, environment, diversity and respect for the individual, you hold a strong personal credibility, integrity and creativity.
- Significant change management experience and demonstrated ability to set demanding targets and to motivate teams and individuals to deliver outside their comfort zones, whilst further developing an excellent working climate and atmosphere in alignment with the Volvo Way and the Code of Conduct.
- Fluent in English, other languages are beneficial.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.