Intern: Engineering Technician- Prototype Machine Shop (Summer 2019)
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Prototype Workshop as an Engineering Technician. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of heavy truck verification and validation within the Features Verification and Validation department. As a valued member of the FVV workshop within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineering staff to prepare and support vehicles under test. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to The FVV Workshop and test Labs.
Work within a team of technicians and test engineers to develop prototype parts in support of a variety of complete vehicle tests. The intern will be working in the FVV Machine Shop supporting the machinist/ fabricator in day to day activities.
- Basic understanding of heavy duty trucks and trailer systems
- Basic understanding of machining practices
- General knowledge of Lathe, Mill, sawing practices
- Strong communication skills
- Must be coachable with positive attitude
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environments
- Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in mechanical or electrical engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship
- Summer interns are required to work 40 hours per week. Duration of position: May 13, 2019 - August 9, 2019
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Strong communication skills
- Valid US Work authorization
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.