Intern: Delivery Support (Summer 2019)
The internship role provides the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to promote the student’s career goals through contact with professionals in the field of study. The internship experience enables participation in professional activities for Volvo Group Service Market Logistics by working on projects for the Delivery Support team. The Intern position is a structured learning experience which includes working with Volvo professionals on projects within the organization. The internship allows for the integration of knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the incumbent and Volvo Group Service Market Logistics.
Position Responsibilities, Tasks & Objectives
- Update, organize, and Create Delivery Support documents that are used to support daily operations.
- Handle research and data collection, system documentation updates and presentation document creation/updates.
- Coordinate process mapping, time study and/or value stream mapping activities.
- Assist with the assessment of performance indicator data records.
- Support Delivery Support project activities..
- Complete weekly writing assignments.
- Conduct project-related presentations.
The qualified candidate will be:
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel (logic, lookup, reference formulas and visual basic), Microsoft Access, Microsoft PowerPoint, Visio and be able to quickly learn how to use transport management systems. Previous experience using Microsoft PowerBI highly desired.
- A self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to meet tight project timelines.
- Capable of seeing the "big picture" and applying lean concepts to an office setting.
- A strong, analytical thinker and demonstrate effective problem solving skills.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree Logistics Operations or Business Administration at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.