Intern: Occupational Health (Summer 2019)
Dedicated to quality, reliability, and total customer satisfaction, Mack Trucks, Inc. has provided its customers with innovative transportation solutions for more than a century. Mack Trucks, a member of The Volvo Group, is one of North America's largest producers of heavy-duty trucks. Part of Volvo’s Group Trucks Operations (GTO), the Macungie facility is one of 50 plants globally dedicated to the manufacturing of trucks. MACK® vehicles are sold and serviced in more than 45 countries worldwide. Mack manufacturing locations are certified to the internationally recognized ISO 14001 standard for environmental management systems. Mack is also a proud sponsor of Share the Road, an American Trucking Associations' public information campaign aimed at enhancing the safety of our nation's roadways.
The intern role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment and to support/promote the students’ career goals through contacts with professionals in their fields of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Group by working on important and innovative projects. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns and our full time professionals work together on projects within their selected organizations. The intern assignments allow students to integrate knowledge and skills in manners that are mutually beneficial to the students and Volvo Group.
- Working in an industrial/manufacturing medical environment, the successful candidate will be assigned tasks in the medical department
- Support Safety programs, initiatives, and the maintenance of safety and occupational health practices
- Participate in the training for Macungie’s Medical Emergency Response Team (MERT)
- Administrative work
- Appointment scheduling
- Basic first aid implementation
- Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Assisting with pre-employment and required physicals for certifications
- Assist with EMR reporting
- Assisting with other medical tasks as required
- Knowledge of basic first aid and CPR
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Focus: Understanding and meeting the needs of customers and addressing the interests and concerns
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, pitching in to get the job done
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Strong attention to detail, quantitative and analytical skills
- Self-starter; works independently; takes initiative
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office
- Thrives in a team-based environment
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a Nursing degree and remain fully enrolled in program during the duration of the internship
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Preferred Degrees: Nursing Degree, Safety and Occupational Health or Applied Sciences
- Prefer a motivated Junior or Senior in good academic standing
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.