The Facility Manager plans, organizes, schedules, and directs the design, maintenance, construction, renovation, and repair of the facilities. The Facility Manager develops plans and programs that meet present and anticipated space and facility requirements. As the Facility Manager you will monitor and inspect all buildings and equipment to ensure that utility systems are fully operational and that preventive maintenance schedules are being followed. You will prepare cost estimates for building renovations or space allocations. You will evaluate completed work and checks for conformance to specifications. Additionally you will direct security functions of the facilities as well as the onsite facility maintenance supplier.
This role may require travel to Greensboro, NC approximately one day every other week.
About Volvo Group Real Estate
Volvo Group Real Estate (VGRE) is part of the Deputy CEO Office within the Volvo Group. VGRE is globally organized in five divisions and one functional area. VGRE Division Americas covers both North and South America. Within North America, the Southern Region group manages and develops office and industrial properties for the Volvo Group companies in Greensboro, NC, Charlotte, NC, Chesapeake/Suffolk, VA, Byhalia, MS and Lexington, TN.
VGRE is responsible for identifying and delivering all Real Estate solutions for the Volvo Group. We enable the Volvo Group to be the most desired and successful transport solution provider in the world.
VGRE provides quality buildings and facility management services that support Volvo Group’s identity, safety and environmental care within a cost-efficient framework. This is crucial in order to allow the Volvo Group to manufacture products and deliver services required by our end customers.
- Management of Volvo facilities in Chesapeake and Suffolk, in close cooperation with Volvo Penta
- Assure compliance with all applicable directives and laws and manage the work in accordance to the Volvo Group processes
- Develop and implement, with VGRE and Volvo Penta approval, long term maintenance plans to secure property conditions and value
- Support Volvo Penta in defining and implementing requested facility enhancement and changes, including evaluation, selection and project management of Design/ Construction Consultants and Contractors
- Procure facility management services and assignments together with responsible buyer from IPS. Cooperate with suppliers and external companies, secure execution of ordered works, be responsible for analysis and acceptance of technical solutions and final acceptance of work
- Secure daily function of facilities through hands on actions and/or procurement and supervision of hired services
- Coordinate and supervise processes relating to technical maintenance of construction projects and buildings, power supply systems and equipment, installation systems and building infrastructure within the area belonging to RE
- Organize and coordinate actions to resolve failure or damage of technical infrastructure within the facilities. Prepare root cause analyzes of failure or damage, suggest and verify remedies. Make independent decisions in case of emergency
- Responsible for the budget within area of responsibility
- Responsible for the maintenance and readiness of all facility fixed assets including buildings and site infrastructure.
- Manage staffing on a daily/weekly basis to deliver the required maintenance and repair of equipment to produce a quality product on time
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) and good preventative maintenance practices (PM).
- Ensure all maintenance work orders are followed through to a completed status with the goal of 100% equipment uptime
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Technical knowledge of building installation systems
- Good skills in building construction methods/ site infrastructure specifics
- Knowledge of authorities demands and property legislation
- Change management
- Communication & Presentation
- Process knowledge
- Customer focus
- Supplier & Contract Management
- Continuous improvement - VPS
- Accounting knowledge
- Finance tools knowledge
- Analytical skills
- Good skills in English written and spoken
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD preferred
- Bachelor of Science degree or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities
- Minimum 5 years work experience within construction or facility services
- Supplier management expertise
- Knowledge of legislation according to facility management services
- PC proficiency and good understanding of IT tools in general
- Engineering knowledge in such areas like construction, electrical and mechanical engineering, technical installations or relevant
- Other licenses (optional): Building license authorizing its holder to manage, supervise and control construction works, electrical qualifications or other qualification in the area of installations and networks
- Project management experience is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Solid computer skills (Microsoft Office, database and internet based programs)
- Experience in Building Automation Systems
- High degree of accuracy and decision-making ability
- Ability to think outside the box and provide solutions to manufacturing challenges
- Ideal candidate will be highly motivated with a strong sense of urgency
Volvo Group Finance contributes to realizing the vision of the Volvo Group by developing and providing a wide range of expert services from financial planning to accounting, business controlling, M&As, real estate services, financial reporting and investor relations. With Volvo Group Finance you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.