Volvo Construction Equipment Germany in Konz is seeking a
In this position, you will lead the purchasing activities for new product development, serial production and/or aftermarket/spare parts based on the sourcing strategies and the business requirements. You also optimize the total cost and assure the Quality/ Delivery/ Cost objectives of the purchased items.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Be responsible for a purchasing portfolio both, in projects, serial production and/or aftermarket
- Perform the activities required for the portfolio: optimize Total Cost of Ownership (price, quality, logistics, manufacturing), investments, RFQ’s, negotiations (in line with Commodity Team) while ensuring product life cycle parts availability from the supplier
- Manage the working relationships with suppliers for a given site (in cooperation with other site functions) and/or region
- Work closely with and support the plant operations team for supplier related Quality & Delivery issues
- Manage Purchase invoices discrepancies
- Is part of Product Maintenance Team regarding product modifications/cost rationalization
- Manage serial production changes (ECN)
- Is responsible for prototype sourcing in terms of Quality, Delivery and Cost
- Jointly work with Supplier Development to secure application of Supplier Development toolkit
- Contribute to commodity strategies and to the achievement of Purchasing KPIs targets
- Escalate issues according to escalation process
- Actively Communicate status of ECN’s and projects to stakeholders and escalate Quality, Delivery and Cost relevant issues according to the escalation process
- Work in accordance with the Volvo CE processes and the Volvo values and behaviors
- Commercial and technical background
- Proven experience in a purchasing environment
- Fully proficient in negotiation
- Team player and strong collaboration skills
- Able to drive changes and improvements
- Able to participate actively in sourcing decisions and to drive supplier relationships
- Financial knowledge to build business case and cost breakdown
- Project management skills
- Fluent English
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.