Logistics and Methods Engineer
Logistics & Methods Engineer
Central Distribution Center in Byhalia, Mississippi (Memphis, TN Area)
Logistics Operations Americas is part of GTO and has approximately 1,000 employees in more than 20 locations within the region. Our job is to design, handle and optimize the supply chain for all Volvo Group brands. The scope for Logistics Services includes making sure material is delivered to the production facilities, packaging is available, vehicles are distributed to the dealers, and that management of material, warehouses and distribution ensures the availability of parts everywhere in the world. We make sure all logistics services are delivered with world class operational excellence.
We have exciting opportunities for the right individuals at our 1,000,000 SF central Distribution Center in Byhalia, MS. The new Byhalia DC is located approximately 25 miles southeast of Memphis, TN.
The Logistics Engineer is responsible for improving the productivity, quality, performance, and profitability of CDC operations and service offerings by applying engineering methods and analysis to a variety of business opportunities and problems. Logistics Engineers at the Byhalia CDC typically work as members of small teams focused on projects in process analysis and improvement, management science solution development, business intelligence and analytics, or customer-facing sales engineering solution design creation. The successful candidate will possess a record of academic focus and leadership experience combined with demonstrated interpersonal and teamwork skills. Logistics Engineer roles lead to a variety of technical and functional career path options within the Volvo Group organization.
Functions & Responsibilities:
- Apply Industrial Engineering methods and skills to gather and analyze information to improve company and customer processes and results.
- Develop ways of measuring and communicating operational effectiveness that generate business insight for the organization.
- Identify and define business process improvement project opportunities.
- Communicate and sell improvement ideas to key decision makers.
- Obtain feedback on proposed improvement ideas.
- Design process, system, and technology solutions to meet customer and company business needs.
- Help implement and anchor business process, system, and technology improvement projects.
- Provide technical development for new and existing decision support and business intelligence systems, databases, and programs.
- Measure and report the results (costs and benefits) of implemented projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Statistics, Computer Engineering, Supply Chain Management or a related field is preferred.
- 2 years hands-on engineering experience in a distribution environment
- The ability to use and apply mathematical concepts such as statistics, linear programming optimization techniques, non-linear techniques, meta-heuristics, discrete-event simulation, and predictive modeling/forecasting techniques (time series models, neural networks, Bayesian techniques, etc.) is required.
- Successful candidates will have a solid working knowledge of relational databases, computer programming, structured query language, and Microsoft Office Suite tools. Experience with programming languages such as C++, Java, Visual Basic, Bartender and CAD.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.