Cab Senior Engineer: Cab PMO
Would you like to help Volvo group achieve important strategic objectives? Would you like to work in an enthusiastic and challenging atmosphere surrounded by skilled co-workers? Does the chance to develop new and advanced cabs for future trucks excite you?
Then this position is the right one for you
Cab Engineering North America has the responsibility for Cab Projects as well as Cab Architecture, Cab Geometry Architecture and Geometry Assurance for the Mack Truck and Volvo Truck brands. We develop new and advanced cabs for our future trucks, while continually adapting our current products to different market demands. Working in an international environment is an exciting challenge, which is placing more and higher demands on our employees.
To provide and secure / agree on overall balanced packaging solution to provide best customer impression. The purpose for a Cab Senior Engineer within GTT Cab is to lead the packaging work in projects and to secure X-functional balanced and verified solution by either using Virtual Reality tool or Physical Validation. This position will need hands-on experience working with prototype parts, packaging, and discussing issues with stakeholders. The role covers several aspects of the product development process and the deliverable are largely driven by project milestones.
- Cab Sr. Engineer is the owner and driver of the pa within assigned sub-area in the project. This means that he/she has the responsibility to make sure that packaging solution are per project requirements regarding cab offer are planned and x-functionally agreed and meet the right maturity/quality from geometrical point of view.
- Managing the packaging issues and drive for a balanced and agreed technical solution in assigned Sub-area, this includes all types of interfaces and geometrical deliveries.
- Escalating all non-solved geometrical issues to respective PMs, Line Managers.
- Reaching quality and maturity targets on the Geometrical deliverable in his sub-area and to report if actions taken or not by project that could lead to quality or maturity issues related to the Geometrical deliverable to team for further investigation or correctional activities.
- Supports the Product Structure team in creating the BPS (Base Product Specification), when it comes to geometrical restrictions and variant limitations in assigned sub-area.
- Experience in Automotive Verification and New Product Introduction is must.
- Cab Knowledge, Automotive verification, Business Acumen, Priority Setting, Planning, Directing Others, Presentation skills, Conflict Management and Motivating Others.
- Drive for Results
- Priority Setting
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Bachelors in Engineering
- Masters Degree Preferred
- 8+ years of Experience, Automotive Experience must
- People/team handling experience will be an added advantage.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.