Intern: Market Intelligence, Strategy (Summer 2019)
The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote the graduate's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The purpose of this position is to support the Market Intelligence department with research and analysis of the truck market as well as the factors that influence it, including, but not limited to, competition, customers, and macro-economic trends in order to support strategic decisions. Primary analysis will include compiling, organizing and summarizing customer information that is currently available within the company, as well as providing administrative and reporting support to help drive customer satisfaction.
- Assist in market and customer research projects.
- Support implementation and usage of new tools.
- Support development, analysis and administration of Volvo and Mack market intelligence activities.
- Provide administrative and reporting support to help drive customer satisfaction.
- Additional ad hoc projects.
- Strong analytical skill set to highlight key findings from customer satisfaction feedback.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Strong writing and reading comprehension
- Experience with research projects.
- Familiar with Internet based search tools and capabilities.
- Quick learning ability: Understand the truck market and key players under guidance.
- Teamwork: Ability to work effectively as either a team member or stand-alone.
- Customer Focus: Understand and meet the needs of customers, and address the interests and concerns of all organization stakeholders.
- Flexibility: Perform a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities.
- Ownership/Accountability: Take the lead in getting the job done and accept responsibility
- Creativity/Innovation: Reframe traditional patterns of thinking and apply new ideas, methods, designs and technologies.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a Business and/or Marketing curriculum at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.