Vehicle Geometrical Architect (Lead Engineer)
- Emphasis on weight management
- Serves as a specialist regarding weight within the Vehicle Geometrical Architect area, requiring limited direction and supervision
- Heavy emphasis placed on expertise, knowledge, originality, analysis and significant interaction within internal departments and external organizations
- Assists with work force and material usage in meeting budgetary/cost constraints, deadlines, goals and objectives for the primary area of assignment or project assigned
We are a high performing fast paced team. The results we deliver are always on time,of the highest quality and professionalism. Working together we have fun, and willingly accept new challenges.
- Proactively investigate the weight of components/systems/deliverables throughout the maturity of projects
- Verify that weight targets are met in order to satisfy applicable project gate fulfillments
- Calculate current production weights to compare to future weight changes from projects
- Investigate weight and estimate weight for future products. Provide weights to projects and relevant feature leaders
- Calculate axle loads, and weight distribution, in order to comply with legal restrictions
- Lead tear-down activities of systems/vehicles
- Maintain awareness of other projects, which may affect your current projects, or areas of authority
- Deliver quality secured geometry towards the projects. To solve packaging / geometry issues between different commodities. This includes geometric support to tolerances, main dimensions and bodybuilder suitability
- Propose solutions for complete offer scenario / packaging to meet application and customer requirements
- Analyze and propose common solutions that can support all brands in order to minimize part numbers and maximize common parts
- Give input regarding geometrical matters to stakeholders (Global Manufacturing, Aftermarket and commodities (ex. Cab, Chassis, Electrical, Powertrain departments)), from a complete vehicle perspective
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering; Master’s degree preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in product development projects within cars and/or in commercial vehicles
- Competence in ProE/Creo is preferred but not necessary; experience on a CAD system is beneficial
- A firm understanding of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing philosophy and applications
- Must be able to lead and direct teams cross-functionally
- Competent at creating and streamlining processes
- Question the outcome/answers – does it make sense?
- Have a good ability to communicate both in written and spoken English
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Must be able and willing to travel domestically and internationally
- Attention to detail
- Leadership competencies: Action oriented; Decision quality; Collaborates; Customer focus; Values differences
If you are interested or curious, please apply for this position.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.