Powertrain Engineering Resident Engineer at DFCV – Project Manager
INTRODUCTIONAB Volvo and Dongfeng Commercial Vehicles (DFCV) have established a joint venture collaboration where Powertrain Engineering (PE) supports DFCV in the development of an 11 l engine. We are now looking for an additional PE resident engineer to be located as an expatriate at DFCV in Wuhan, China. This is a unique opportunity to be located in China and to be an ambassador for the Volvo Group!
ROLE DESCRIPTIONAs PE resident engineer at DFCV in Wuhan, China, you will be a key player in our team of engaged people who are currently working with the joint-venture between Volvo and DFCV.
You will bring practical support to our Chinese colleagues and contribute to our collaboration with DFCV. You will succeed in your mission thanks to your knowledge and experience of our products and ways of working in the powertrain domain.
You will be part of the Volvo Partnership Office (VPO) and report to the Powertrain Engineering Operational Excellence & Governance Vice President.
- Provide support to DFCV to achieve our common goal to deliver quality assured powertrain products
Main Activities and Core Responsibilities
- Support DFCV to achieve the expected outcome of the 11L engine project
- Support DFCV with project management tasks such as planning and follow-up
- Support DFCV to address engineering activities within the 11 l engine project to the Volvo organisation
- Support DFCV to establish the technical scope of possible additional requests towards the Volvo organisation
- Bring expertise in the powertrain domain preferably from the engine calibration/application area. Other relevant areas such as control system, SW, EATS, combustion and/or base engine are also of interest.
- Team leader responsibility for the group of PE resident engineers in Wuhan
WHO ARE YOU?You have the following qualifications:
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. degree.
- Experience in powertrain project development
- Experience in the powertrain technical domain, preferably from the engine calibration/application area. Other relevant areas such as control system, SW, EATS, combustion and/or base engine are also of interest.
- Experience from Volvo development processes
- Good network within the global Powertrain Engineering organization
- Excellent communication skills and strong interest and ability to work with people from different cultures
- Chinese (Mandarin) language skills is a merit.
This is an expatriate position, located in Wuhan, China
For further information please contact:
Christina Kaijser, VP Operational Excellence & Governance, Powertrain Engineering, email@example.com, +46-73-9027129
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.