Production Engineer - Mack Defense
Support Mack Defense production by providing assembly process knowledge.
- Support Mack Defense current and future contracts by:
- Serve as a leader on the assembly processes of Mack Trucks within Mack Defense, including safety, quality, delivery, and cost of the production processes.
- Establish and maintain knowledge of the optimum production methods, standards, tooling and equipment for all assigned products and processes.
- Establish and maintain accurate production standards using predetermined time tools.
- Identify and correct Bill of Material and assembly instruction issues related with production.
- Promote manufacturing safety and efficiency through implementation of method/process change, ergonomic application and safety awareness.
- Lead and conduct kaizen improvement activities focused on safety, quality, and cost initiatives.
- Drive the Focused Improvement and Work Place Organization pillars within the Volvo Production System.
- Develop cost saving proposals and improve productivity.
- Development of future engineering solutions to lowest possible cost and with flexibility for product and volume changes.
- Analyze and recommend manufacturing processes, equipment, gauging, and tooling towards zero defects.
- Assist with necessary counseling, training, and discipline to obtain the optimum effectiveness of the team.
- Drive and master 5S principles throughout all activities.
- The individual reports to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
- Proven ability to visualize future opportunities, plan action items and lead team towards successful completion of company objectives.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles, resistance or ambiguity.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to manage change.
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Extensive knowledge of engineering concepts, manufacturing, the product, production standards and efficiency optimization tools; process oriented.
- Proven ability to react to issues impacting production with a sense of urgency, promptly assessing the issue and developing a feasible action plan and following it through to successful completion.
- Project management skills.
- Experience in a team-based environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to review and apply technical specifications and requirements to the assembly operation.
- Possesses strong analytical skills and demonstrated focus on process and Lean Manufacturing concepts.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering.
- Preferred: 5-7 years of manufacturing experience or equivalent with a focus on engineering and production
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.