Test Engineer – Product Validation - PVT
The trucks being tested will have a wide range of new designs including, powertrain, aftertreatment systems, cab, chassis, electrical architecture, software, electric drivetrains, connectivity solutions & other new technologies. PVT is one of the test activities in the Product Validation group in FVV which is also responsible for customer field testing end-to-end function verification & reliability testing.
- Plan, develop, and perform PVT tests according to formal internal and external standards, procedures and processes; document test data and results with accurate, appropriate documentation. Truck driving (requiring CDL) is an expectation with this role.
- Utilize data acquisition, computers and diagnostics equipment to execute tests, document the test results; process and analyze data and communicate results of these activities
- Document issues found during testing appropriately and work with the engineering organization to determine root cause, and assist with verification of solutions
- Document final test results in Engineering Reports
- Work seamlessly with the other Product Validation engineers to ensure that the workload is covered at all times as required by the demands of the projects
- Keep the project teams aware of test progress activities from both technical and timing perspective.
- Conform to departmental processes and established methodologies
- The chosen candidate should gain the ability to drive or ride in heavy trucks in a rough environment and to completely inspect trucks in a shop environment
- Occasional domestic and international travel is expected
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, MS preferred
- 0-1 years of Engineering Experience
- Knowledge of Mechanical testing and instrumentation
- Presentation skills
- Proficiency in working with MS Office Applications for engineering report and presentations
- Can be developed:
- Current CDL Class A License
- Knowledge of Volvo and Mack truck functionality
- Proficiency in Volvo systems, including VDA, Protus, Protom
- Strong diagnostic/troubleshooting skills for electrical and Powertrain systems
- Strong diagnostic skills using Canalyzer, ATI Vision, Tech Tool. Digital multi-meters and oscilloscopes
- Customer Focus
- Action Oriented
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
- Personal Skills
- Attention to Detail
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.