Senior Test Engineer- Certification and Compliance
We are seeking a motivated and qualified Senior Engineer with expertise in Regulatory Compliance who wants a challenging, but rewarding, career opportunity to join a dynamic team working with and exposed to the latest technology in automotive testing.
As a Senior Engineer – Regulatory Certification, you will be responsible for monitoring all aspects of vehicle regulatory compliance for domestic and international markets. This includes accurate interpretation of regulations and development of certification test plans as part of complete vehicle projects.
This role is integral to our core values – quality, safety and environmental care. Each reflected in how we develop our products, how we act in society, and how we approach our customers and employees. The candidate with the right qualifications will greatly impact and affect our entire business and future success.
- Collaborate with design engineers in the early stages of product development to ensure compliance ready designs
- Translate project pre-requisites into requirements to meet regulations
- Support regulatory investigations and respective corrective/preventative actions
- Provide accurate interpretation of regulation
- Represent FVV (Features, Verification & Validation) in project management teams, design reviews, clinics, etc.
- Lead vehicle regulatory compliance reviews and project fulfilment
- Deliver input to project documentation (e.g. requirement specification, project description, PAP/PDP, risk register, lessons learned)
- Interact with regulatory offices inside Volvo Trucks to homologate North American products in export markets
- Participate in Global and North American regulatory network
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering minimum; Master’s degree preferred
- 8 years of engineering experience.
- General truck and FMVSS knowledge
- Quality tool skills (Risk analysis, FMEA, Project Assurance quality)
- Good analytic skill and logical way of thinking
- Sound technical judgment and use of structured decision-making techniques
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work with technical resources on risk/contingency plans
- Strong technical writing abilities
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Good analytical skills and logical way of thinking
- Ability to work collaboratively and develop strong partnerships
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and on a timely basis with project managers, project teams, and external partners
Group Manager – Engineering, FVV Project Management Office
For more information please contact: GTT Recruitment Team
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.