Operations Manager - Financial Services UK/IE
- Manage the team (3 teams,circa 20 people) on a day-to-day basis through given systems and procedures
- Coordinate and execute all related Operations processes and procedures to ensure that policies are fulfilled
- Personally handle and decide non-standard cases/ situations
- Measure, analyze and control process related KPI
- Responsible for compliance with policies and guidelines in the team
- Responsible for compliance with service level standards in the team
- Develop and maintain strong internal and external customer relationships
- Monitor key responsibilities of direct reports and lead them in the achievement of objectives for their area of responsibility
- Assess and ensure the competency of the direct reports and reinforce accountability through Management by Objectives and monitor target achievement
- Organize Best Practices sharing and results orientated culture within the team
- Realize cultural change within the team towards customer focus to truly live the Customer Experience
- Support the recruiting and development of talented people for the team
- Directly supervise processes and procedures to ensure we have the most efficient and controlled working environment
- Identify and evaluate risks and areas for improvement and design solutions
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience of team management preferably in the financial services industry
- Experience in leading a team within the function Operations
- Experience in working in an International environment preferred
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
Managerial competencies & skills:
- Demonstrate excellent staff motivational skills
- Demonstrate strong staff development skills
- Good knowledge / understanding of financial services products and services
- Is strong in implementation and in monitoring the delivery
- Demonstrates managerial effectiveness (doing the right things) and efficiency (doing things right)
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Is strong in interfacing with other functions and markets
- Is target-driven, self-motivated and tenacious in achieving the set objectives
ARE WE THE PERFECT MATCH?
We can offer you a competitive base salary and an annual bonus along with a car. We will also offer you development and training in areas identified in your personal business plan.
You’ll get the opportunity to develop your career and we will support you every step of your journey across all Volvo Group brands.
We also offer 25 days holiday, pension, private healthcare, gym discount, half price cinema tickets, and discount on Renault and Volvo cars. In VFS we also encourage you to join us for Pizza Fridays!
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.