Senior Commodity Buyer and Segment Leader HMI
If selected you will be responsible for driving the strategic work in the HMI area globally. This business is in a very interesting transformation where new features and technologies presents new business opportunities for our truck brands. You will act as a leader for the global commodity buyer network and act as first point of escalation for operational issues in Europe.
The Connectivity and Infotainment team consists of 12 strong professionals and is accountable for all the operational and project activities within Europe and lead the strategic activities globally. Within the Team we have structured the work around four main commodities; HMI, Connectivity, Infotainment and Software. In this role, you will lead the HMI scope.
Group Trucks Purchasing is a passionate team of around 1300 people located on all continents. We provide competitive advantages to the Volvo Group by selecting high performing suppliers to deliver the best possible products and services that add real business value for the truck brands of the Volvo Group.
- Lead the global HMI commodity buyer network
- Represent Purchasing in relevant x-functional forums
- Drive negotiation in order to find extra cost savings (on top of price agreements) by using your owns skills and Purchasing tool box
- Use Volvo Production System (VPS) toolbox to drive efficiency across the supply chain
- Execute agreements with suppliers during production and after production for Revenue segments
- Drive all relevant activities to deliver on QDCFTSR targets during production phase and after production phase for Revenue Parts
- Monitor, identify and mitigate risks in cooperation with SQ&D team
- Forecast cost evolution for scope of responsibility
- Manage and negotiate product/processes changes during production phase, and after production phase for Revenue segments
- Perform daily purchasing activities related to production orders, logistics and financial flows to the suppliers
- Coach Buyers when relevant
- University degree (Bachelor or Master), preferably in engineering or business
- 3+ years of purchasing experience, preferably in automotive
- Proven ability to lead global and x-functional networks
- Fully fluent in English
- Computer literate
We believe you are a supportive team player and are comfortable working with different cultures and people in a global context.
You also have the ability to take ownership of various tasks and possess strong problem solving skills in combination with analytical mindset. We also think that you are result oriented and like doing business.
We can offer you a dynamic, interesting and challenging job where you will be able to grow and develop your skills.
Travel: as needed
Location: Gothenburg or Lyon
For mor information please contact with: Lorenzo Esteban, Manager Vehicle Electronics, +33 664404087
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.