Logistics Project Manager - Industrial
Volvo Group Australia is seeking a Logistics Project Manager to join their team in Wacol. The primary purpose of this position is to project manage the implementation of industrial logistics projects into the factory at Group Trucks Operations International Manufacturing - Wacol Plant. This role will see you aiming to quality assure the successful introduction of the project deliverables, in doing so ensuring all activities are in accordance with the local/ global routines, guidelines and strategies (including VOC, VPS and PSM methodologies).
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Ensure the Project Steering Committee is well informed of the Project Status and potential risks.
- Lead the project team and secure a strong project governance to manage project deliverables.
- Secure PSM way of working throughout the Project implementation and secure the objectives of the projects as defined in the project directive.
- Secure a strong project documentation which will serve as reference throughout the project duration.
- Develop and implement process technical solutions aligned with VPS/VOC and STRIPE.
- Lead the project team in the design and implement of the complete logistic flow from parts suppliers’ location to FG delivery with multiple coordination.
- Refine and implement 4M strategy, taking into consideration the cost reduction and productivity objectives for the logistics function.
- Effectively lead the project team to implement the logistics areas’ layouts in line with Plant Master Plan expectations.
- Leading and implementing lean processes to maximize the warehouses storage capacity and to improve operational efficiency, reduce costs, and maximize productivity through the VSM approach
- Improve the management of the obsolescence process and optimize overall inventory
- Bring innovation and creativity to the logistics processes by bench marking within Volvo facilities
- Participate in local and global networks to contribute to the process development and improvement
- Other departmental duties as required.
- Assist the Manufacturing Engineering Department as required.
- Ensure compliance with VGA’s Environmental Policy, Workplace Health & Safety requirements, and in general take any reasonable steps and precautions to protect or minimise harm to the workplace, its employees and the environment.
- High level of knowledge and experience in Logistics Engineering disciplines
- Strong coordination/ leadership skills
- A good knowledge of Volvo & Mack products
- Good level of Project management experience and expertise (including PSM and other Volvo Project Steering Models)
- Volvo GTO international network of contacts
- Strong team focus
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office, BPCS, Kola, DIS, MS-Project)
- Good knowledge of VPS / VOC and STRIPE
- Engineering Degree, preferably with Post-Graduation / MBA.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.