Predictive Maintenance Project Manager Uptime & Digitalization
Complete Vehicle contributes to deliver the right Products & Services to all Volvo Group brand customers according to product segmentation and brand positioning. In Complete Vehicle we are a team of specialized functions with various responsibilities: Aftermarket technology developing aftermarket solutions for the brands; FVV breaking down features to technical requirements, as well as verifying and validating products and services; Product Design translating the soul of the brand to a product message; Product Builds delivering all truck and component builds; Special Vehicle Development developing niche products.
In Complete Vehicle we are close to end customers, understanding their needs and behaviors. Our engaged teams have a holistic view of the entire truck and bring hands-on truck experience.
Aftermarket Technology provides Volvo Trucks, Renault Trucks, Mack Trucks, UD Trucks, VECV and partly Volvo Construction Equipment, Volvo Bus and Volvo Penta with the best possible solutions supporting their aftermarket business. Thanks to our deep technical, business and customer knowledge, we deliver solutions and services for the salesmen, the mechanics and parts personnel at dealerships and other service points such as Spare Parts Assortment, Parts Information, Diagnostics and Repair Information, Service Planning and supporting systems solutions and tools. In Aftermarket Technology we aim at securing that Volvo Group Truck vehicles can be easily maintained to secure uptime. Aftermarket Technology teams are working close to engineering functions as well as to end customers and are located in Hagerstown, Greensboro, Lyon, Gothenburg, Curitiba, Ageo, Bangalore and Brisbane.
Aftermarket technology department have a strong experience in diagnostics and preventive maintenance, but also in vehicle technologies, IT and user knowledge, we believe we have a leadership role to play about Predictive Maintenance. In order to set the current map and lead technology development in this area, we are looking for a project manager in predictive maintenance, possibly coming from industries ahead of the automotive. People with the ability to lead, connect and impact stakeholders.
In Lyon, our responsibility is to elevate our services on preventive maintenance and bridge to predictive solutions. So we have decided to reinforce the Agile team by creating a second innovation cell bringing yet another pieces of competence to the successful mix we already have (software developer, data analysts) with a person specialized in predictive maintenance.
We are working with an Agile way of working and so we strongly believe in tasks sharing within the team and T-shape competences so you need to enjoy Project management and also developing patterns, algorithms, code, web-components. In other words, to be successful in your mission, you need a solid background in software development and/or data analytics, a strong willingness to learn and create new things!
Curious? Join us! Your mission will contribute directly to the development of Uptime and so enhance the performance and the success of our customers!
Your main activities would be:
- Set the current map about Predictive maintenance in terms of solutions front end and back end, within the Volvo group but also within the industries
- Lead the development of the technology related to predictive maintenance within Aftermarket Technology in close collaboration with PPL, IT and Brands through the Product System Roadmap structure about Products and Services
- Elevate Aftermarket Technology services on preventive maintenance and bridge to predictive solutions
- Analyze data from multiple data warehouses and so define patterns to prevent unexpected stop of the truck mission
- Develop some front end-end and back-end solutions (Develop and manage server layer, develop web client, design interactive interface to ease navigation and drive quick decision)
- Take active part in building an innovation ecosystem within AMT (Design thinking, hackathon, etc…)
- A university degree in a quantitative field: Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering and relevant experience
- At least 3 years of experience in a professional data analytical environment or in a professional software development environment
- Some concrete experiences in the following areas would be a plus
- Uptime and Aftermarket business
- System architecture, embedded software, logged vehicle data
- Business Intelligence
- Strong knowledge about statistical methods / Machine learning/ data mining (clustering supervised/non supervised, multi variables regression, SVM, decision tree, etc.)
- Deep learning would be also a plus
- Programing and algorithms
- IT languages: R/Python/Matlab. SPSS modeller
- Microsoft Azure would be a plus
- Some basics about tools for data visualization
- Fluent English, both written and spoken
- Strong communication and networking skills
- Pro-active and enjoying working in a team
- Rigorous, curious
- Customer and innovation mindset
- Creativity and self-development skills
- Quality and continuous improvement mindset
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.