COMMODITY BUYER METAL H/F
Are you a person that loves to do business? Are you at the same time a creative, solution-oriented person with strong communication skills that has a true passion to work with other people in a global context? If yes, then we believe this is the opportunity for you! We believe we can offer you a dynamic, interesting and challenging job where you will be able to grow and develop your skills in these and many more areas. If this captured your interest, why not contact us or apply to get to know more about this opportunity!
WE ARE YOUR FUTURE COLLEAGUES !
We are a team of passionate and driven colleagues located in Europe (Lyon, France and Goteborg, Sweden).
We see opportunities, we are flexible and we support each other and are open for dialogue and exchange.
You will work in an exciting and global environment and you will join a team with a positive atmosphere who enjoys working together. We look forward to welcome you and have you on board in our team.
As a Commodity Buyer of Fifth Wheel, you will be accountable for the Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management (QDCFTSR) of suppliers in your segments. You will be responsible to make sure that the segment strategy is implemented through the selection of the right suppliers, and by continuously securing supplier QDCFTSR performance by using the tools and purchasing/cross functional network during and after production. You will be as well responsible to discuss with both external and internal stakeholders, Volvo Sales being part of your contacts.
WHO ARE YOU ?
As a person we believe that you have a business oriented mindset with both a financial and technical understanding. You enjoy the challenge of having contact with experienced and skilled suppliers and you also possess strong communication and networking skills. In addition to this you enjoy driving your own work and taking initiatives, with a team player attitude.
- Contribute to segment business plan thanks to collaboration with the Segment Leader & be an active member in the global network of commodity buyers
- Drive negotiation in order to find extra cost savings (on top of price agreements) by using your owns skills and Purchasing tool box
- Use Volvo Production System (VPS) toolbox to drive efficiency across the supply chain
- Execute agreements with suppliers during production and after production for Revenue segments
- Drive all relevant activities to deliver on QDCFTSR targets during production phase and after production phase for Revenue Parts
- Monitor, identify and mitigate risks in cooperation with SQ&D team
- Forecast cost evolution for scope of responsibility
- Manage and negotiate product/processes changes during production phase, and after production phase for Revenue segments
- Perform daily purchasing activities related to production orders, logistics and financial flows to the suppliers
- University degree (Bachelor or Master), preferably in engineering or business
- 5+ years Purchasing experience, preferably in automotive (Not mandatory)
- Motivated by change management and ability to drive change
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Multicultural experience is an asset
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Creative and solution-oriented mindset
- Positive mindset and team player
- Structured way of working
- Business Acumen
- Negotiation skills
- Learning on the fly
- Self-driven and autonomous
- Strategic thinking
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with counterparts
- Proven ability to establish targets and drive results
- Analytical skills
- Willingness to go out on the field
- Willingness to learn from others and share best practices
- Ability to communicate with facts, to sell concepts and get desired support
- Strong computer skills and good knowledge level of using the office package'
Volvo Group Purchasing dispose d'un budget de 125 milliards de SEK pour l'achat et fait appel à 2 550 fournisseurs pour la production en série. Rien que pour l'activité Camions, 2 milliards de pièces ont été livrées dans 40 usines du monde entier. Toujours à l'affût des fournisseurs les plus performants avec lesquels travailler, nous proposons les meilleurs produits et services possibles pour apporter de la valeur ajoutée à nos clients. Nous soutenons la mission du groupe Volvo, qui est de contribuer à un monde prospère par des solutions de transport, en appliquant à nos processus d'achat les concepts d'approvisionnement durable et les principes définis dans le Code de conduite.
Lorsque vous rejoignez Volvo Group Purchasing, vous intégrez un réseau international regroupant plus de 1 300 professionnels répartis sur 50 sites différents dans 25 pays. Nous proposons des opportunités uniques de tisser des liens avec des interlocuteurs à tous les échelons et nous travaillons avec passion pour accélérer votre carrière en développant vos compétences.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.