Lead Mechanical Engineer - Pneumatic Installation
Interested in an exciting job opportunity in Chassis Engineering? We are looking for a technical leader who can develop, release, and maintain installation of pneumatic components for use on Volvo and Mack Heavy Duty Trucks. The candidate will manage not only their own workload, but also provide guidance to a team of engineers. Global coordination will be required to ensure Quality / Delivery / Cost / Feature targets are met.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
Chassis Engineering North America is the product owner of all Chassis & Vehicle Dynamics projects for the Mack and Volvo brands. Chassis Engineering is responsible for Powertrain Installation, Chassis Equipment, Chassis Structures and Analysis, Steering, Axles, Suspension, Brake System and Vehicle Control. We engineer solutions to keep our current products competitive with market demands as well as solutions for products and technologies of the future. Chassis Engineering at Volvo Trucks networks with the entire globe. We have multiple sites in North America, South America, Europe, Africa and Asia. Come join the team at Volvo Trucks for an exciting and challenging global experience!
- Lead Mechanical design engineering activities in an area with high technical complexity
- Have operational responsibility for a component, system and sub-module delivery
- Front-load work to ensure robust early stage releases and stable late stage releases
- Ensure new designs fulfill business targets, requirements and QDCF targets
- Manage area of responsibility by learning and applying applicable tools
- Manage networking across the organization, as well as influencing the work in other sites
- Create or update CAD Models, Part Drawings, and Installation Drawings with CREO-Parametric
- Document design change notices and structure components in PDM system
- Release components as applicable to resolve maintenance issues or secure project deliveries
- Develop modular systems and components to optimize part diversity
- Ensure component durability by requesting analysis and/or physical verification
- Communicate active project deliveries during daily team leadership meetings
- Integrate deliveries from others and secure quality readiness before release
- Develop and share acquired competence (e.g. training) and provide technical advice
- Execution - Action Oriented
- Strategic Thinking - Technical Learning
- Self-Management - Learning on the Fly
- Peer Relationships
- Standing Alone / Integrity and Trust
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field is required
- MSME or related field is preferred
- At least 8-12 years of experience in Automotive or Heavy Duty Truck Industry is required
- Basic CAD (CREO - AVP) experience is required
- Knowledge of Braking Systems and Pneumatics is preferred
- Knowledge of Volvo DVP is preferred
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.