Associate Commodity Buyer
Are you a person that loves to do business? Are you at the same time a creative, solution-oriented person with strong communication skills that has a true passion to work with other people in a global context? If yes, then we believe this is the opportunity for you! We believe we can offer you a dynamic, interesting and challenging job where you will be able to grow and develop your skills in these and many more areas. If this captured your interest, why not contact us or apply to get to know more about this opportunity!
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
- We are a team of passionate and driven colleagues located in Greensboro, NC.
- We see opportunities, we are flexible and we support each other and are open for dialogue and exchange.
- You will work in an exciting and global environment and you will join a team with a positive atmosphere who enjoys working together. We look forward to welcome you and have you on board in our team.
As a Commodity buyer you will be accountable for the Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management (QDCFTSR) of suppliers in your segments. You will be responsible to make sure that the segment strategy is implemented through the selection of the right suppliers, and by continuously securing supplier QDCFTSR performance by using the tools and purchasing/cross functional network during and after production.
- To negotiate and secure implementation of agreements with suppliers
- Drive all relevant activities to deliver on QDCFTSR targets
- Monitor, identify and mitigate risks in cooperation with SQ&D, Finance, Logistics, Engineering teams
- Manage daily Purchasing activities related to e.g order handling, logistics, quality issues and financial flows to the suppliers
- Drive negotiation in order to find extra cost savings (on top of price agreements).
- Use VPS toolbox to drive efficiency across the supply chain.
- Drive supply chain optimization (SCO), (e.g. cost workshops, total SCO), low performance supplier activities etc.
- Responsible for initiating and/or negotiating PCRs in p-stage after project phase, PMRs with no product feature or offering impact and QJs.
- Perform purchasing activities related to production orders, logistics and financial flows to the suppliers.
- Implement raw material updates based on contracts/negotiations made by the Sourcing buyer during the production phase.
- Forecast cost evolution.
- Manage risk mitigation and crisis activities.
- Give regular input to the Segment Leader/Supplier Host on supplier performance during the production phase.
- Contribute to cross functional activities related to maintenance activities.
- Propose and drive resourcing activities if needed; drive activities related to the supplier switch.
- Manage tooling inventory including repair & replace of tools, and follow up supplier owned tooling
- Own the Key Performance Indicators
- Ensure collaboration with the other buyer roles within the respective segment(s).
- Support function for Buyers and Sr. Buyers in day to day activities
- To contribute to the Segment Business Plan and be an active member of the Commodity Buyer network
- To secure that supplier selections are aligned with the Segment Business Plan
- 0-2 years experience in Purchasing or related field
- 4 year degree with Supply Chain Management, Business, or related field of study preferred
- Personal Profile
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.